• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Breixteers, how is this increasing opportunity?

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by shaunbhoy View Post
    Much of this will be down to their disregard for the ambitions of the sort of people that openly flaunt the sort of smug condescending sneering that you have just done in your rehash.

HTH

ironically these self same people who voted Brexit will be worse off, so they will still not have what more successful people have. My ambitions will not be dented by Brexit, but those of the next generation will be which is the crime here.

It's your inferiority complex that sees me as condescending and smug. Maybe get that chip off your shoulder and you'll make more of a success of yourself. As for doing rehashes of others posts ... I learnt from the best
    I am what I drink, and I'm a bitter man

Comment

Originally posted by Whorty View Post
      ironically these self same people who voted Brexit will be worse off,
      Well that is YOUR opinion, but that is viewing it through your own rather myopic vision. And let's be honest, your predictions have hardly been up to much thus far. Just a random selection of scare stories that may or may not ever come to pass.

My ambitions will not be dented by Brexit,
      Nor mine. Nor I suspect will those of the vast majority of Leave voters as they expected very little from staying aboard the good ship EU anyway.
      I suspect that they will be feeling that at least they will be able to influence their parliamentary MPs far more once they have left the EU's clutches. It remains to be seen whether or not that will work of course, but a great many are hoping it will work better than what we currently have.

but those of the next generation will be which is the crime here.
      Oh please....spare us the Crystal-Ball gazing guesswork. Even most prominent Remainers agree that in the long term (10 years +) things will have settled back down irrespective of how Brexit plays out. In the great scheme of things that is a blink of an eye.
      The next generation will be far too busy snapchatting photos of their lattes to each other to even realise.

It's an inescapable fact that I habitually try and come across as condescending and smug.
      I don't see you that way. I just think you are a bit easily led and have delusions of adequacy.

“The period of the disintegration of the European Union has begun. And the first vessel to have departed is Britain”

Comment

Even most prominent Remainers agree that in the long term (10 years +) things will have settled back down irrespective of how Brexit plays out.
        Do you really believe all these blatant lies that just spew out of you? Just because Donald Trump is entirely beyond the pale doesn't mean it is suddenly acceptable. He's a travesty but so are you.

I won't ask you where you got that ridiculous notion from because you haven't got a clue, and you care less.

No remainer supports your stupid idea, and none of you Brexiteeers have come up with any argument that would support it. You voted because you are self deluded gamblers. It was legal to do so but just don't try and pretend any sensible person agrees with you in the slightest. They don't!
        "Don't part with your illusions; when they are gone you may still exist, but you have ceased to live" Mark Twain

Comment

Originally posted by Cirrus View Post
          Do you really believe all these blatant lies that just spew out of you? Just because Donald Trump is entirely beyond the pale doesn't mean it is suddenly acceptable. He's a travesty but so are you.

I won't ask you where you got that ridiculous notion from because you haven't got a clue, and you care less.

No remainer supports your stupid idea, and none of you Brexiteeers have come up with any argument that would support it. You voted because you are self deluded gamblers. It was legal to do so but just don't try and pretend any sensible person agrees with you in the slightest. They don't!
          Well, I’ll stand up for him here - he didn’t say things would have improved, but that they would have “settled back down” in 10+ years.
          By which time benefits like state pensions will have been removed because it won’t fit with the lovable political elite of JRM and co who will be running the country.

So, as smiliebhoy says, 10+ years of indecision, inactivity, “transition”, blaming the EU, or anyone who dares ask a question and hopes for a factual answer, and then at that point whatever we are left with will be considered the norm.
          …Maybe we ain’t that young anymore

Comment

[QUOTE=Cirrus;2598410]Do you really believe all these blatant lies that just spew out of you? Just because Donald Trump is entirely beyond the pale doesn't mean it is suddenly acceptable. He's a travesty but so are you.

No remainer supports your stupid idea, and none of you Brexiteeers have come up with any argument that would support it. You voted because you are self deluded gamblers. It was legal to do so but just don't try and pretend any sensible person agrees with you in the slightest. They don't![/QUOTE]

I do and I'm a sensible person. My psychiatrist told me I was.........Don't you just love sharp objects....They're are so sharp and shinny.

Comment

Even most prominent Remainers agree that in the long term (10 years +) things will have settled back down irrespective of how Brexit plays out. In the great scheme of things that is a blink of an eye.
              Yes I have always said that in 10 years there may be not much difference (economy wise) and things probably will go back to normal, but on an individual level is it really worth to be unemployed for 10 years or take salary cuts and live in austerity for 10 years? And it's most likely that those people in derelict areas who voted for Brexit will be hit hardest, they didn't understand that this was going to hit them as they were promised rainbows and unicorns.

Comment

Originally posted by Eirikur View Post
                Yes I have always said
                Originally posted by Yorkie62 View Post
                I do and I'm a sensible person.
                You guys became 'prominent'? When did that happen? I'm afraid I missed it.

Totally

"Don't part with your illusions; when they are gone you may still exist, but you have ceased to live" Mark Twain

Comment

Originally posted by Cirrus View Post
                  You guys became 'prominent'? When did that happen? I'm afraid I missed it.

Totally

You clearly don't know who I am

Comment

The politics of envy ... "If I can't have it, I don't want anyone else to have it"
                    Nope.

If there was no downside then no body would be stopping you doing anything.

But there is and so they did.

Your view is that because you want to do something you should be able to and if it has negative consequences for anyone else you do not care do you.

Comment

Well that is YOUR opinion, but that is viewing it through your own rather myopic vision. And let's be honest, your predictions have hardly been up to much thus far. Just a random selection of scare stories that may or may not ever come to pass.
                      Pray do tell, what predictions have i made that have not come true? I post links to things that are happening or have happened, so these are facts not predictions. Companies closing, people losing jobs, due to brexit is real and not a scare story.

Nor I suspect will those of the vast majority of Leave voters as they expected very little from staying aboard the good ship EU anyway.
                      I suspect that they will be feeling that at least they will be able to influence their parliamentary MPs far more once they have left the EU's clutches. It remains to be seen whether or not that will work of course, but a great many are hoping it will work better than what we currently have.
                      Short of facts there. Lots of hoping but nothing tangible. But hey, they 'hope' they can influence our current MPs, when they can't today but instead lay the blame at the door of the EU. This is going to be fun to watch!

Oh please....spare us the Crystal-Ball gazing guesswork.
                      See above, your whole post is based on guesswork and 'hope'. Do you see the irony now in your posts?

Even most prominent Remainers agree that in the long term (10 years +) things will have settled back down irrespective of how Brexit plays out.
                      Any links to prove that, or is it just waffle and made up? Did you read this 'fact' in the Mail or the Express?

I don't see you that way. I just think you are a bit easily led and have delusions of adequacy.
                      Ooh the irony, easily led says the man who followed the proven lies of the leave campaign, and swallowed the Mail's stories hook line and sinker. As I've said before, and it bothers me not whether you believe me, going into the ref I was 70:30 leave, but the campaign from the leave side convinced me to vote remain. It was not what the remainers said that changed my mind, it was the rubbish coming out of the mouths of the leave campaigners. I was, unlike many of you, able to think for myself and make a rational decision.

I won't add the plethora of emojis at the end of this as I'm clearly not as witty as you.
                      I am what I drink, and I'm a bitter man

Comment

Working...
                      X