• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Brown trousers time...

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Brown trousers time...

Originally posted by tazdevil View Post
    Yes and he sold all our gold, brought in PFI
    Did he sell all ALL our gold?
    Did be bring in PFI?
    …Maybe we ain’t that young anymore

Comment

Originally posted by WTFH View Post
      Did be bring in PFI?
      Half, costing us £5 billion apparently
      Gordon Brown's decision to sell half of the UK's gold reserves 'cost UK GBP5billion' - Telegraph

Don't think be brought in PFI though. It was Conservatives initially and then "expanded considerably" under Labour and "expanded much further" under New Labour;
      Private finance initiative - Wikipedia
      Originally posted by Old Greg
      I admit I'm just a lazy, lying cretinous hypocrite and must be going deaf
      ♕Keep calm & carry on♕

Comment

Originally posted by Bean View Post
        Half, costing us £5 billion apparently
        Gordon Brown's decision to sell half of the UK's gold reserves 'cost UK GBP5billion' - Telegraph

Don't think be brought in PFI though. It was Conservatives initially and then "expanded considerably" under Labour and "expanded much further" under New Labour;
        Private finance initiative - Wikipedia
        How much is Brexit going to cost, 40 billion, 60 billion.

who made that decision then ?

I'm alright Jack

Comment

Brown trousers time...

No
          Did be bring in PFI?
          No
          FTFY.

Comment

Originally posted by tazdevil View Post
            Yes and he sold all our gold, brought in PFI and lots of other initiatives to bankrupt our country ending in the famous treasury note of there being 'no money left' when they finally handed over to the conservatives
            So he privatised gold in order to keep taxes low, great man, bring him back!

Comment

FTFY.
              Bless...

Was he part of government(s) that (greatly) expanded the use of PFI, even further than the conservatives first used?
              YES

Did he sell half of our gold, at great cost (loss) to the public purse?
              YES

Back to the word associations thread with you.
              ♕Keep calm & carry on♕

Comment

Bless...

Was he part of government(s) that (greatly) expanded the use of PFI, even further than the conservatives first used?
                YES

Did he sell half of our gold, at great cost (loss) to the public purse?
                YES

Back to the word associations thread with you.
                Oh look, Mr Move The Goalposts loses another argument and moves the goalposts again.

Taz stated that Brown sold all the gold and that he brought in PFI.
                I asked if both those things were factually correct - they are not.

Rather than saying that taz was wrong, you decide to argue the point by adding in extra words to change the context.

Comment

Oh look, Mr Move The Goalposts loses another argument and moves the goalposts again.

Taz stated that Brown sold all the gold and that he brought in PFI.
                  I asked if both those things were factually correct - they are not.

Rather than saying that taz was wrong, you decide to argue the point by adding in extra words to change the context.

I personally don't need to say he was wrong, as it is clearly the case he said 'All' and the reality is 'Half'.

Your post seems to be an effort to whitewash that ANY gold was sold at all.

I merely stated the facts.

Sorry that triggered you.
                  ♕Keep calm & carry on♕

Comment

Originally posted by AtW View Post
                    So he privatised gold in order to keep taxes low, great man, bring him back!
                    He didn't privatise it, he merely sold it. At a stupid rate, granted, but I'll forgive him that act of idiocy, bearing in mind he kept us out of the Euro. Which would have cost the UK a whole lot more, so I'm happy to acknowledge that GB did something good for the UK.
                    His heart is in the right place - shame we can't say the same about his brain...

Comment

Originally posted by Mordac View Post
                      He didn't privatise it, he merely sold it. At a stupid rate, granted, but I'll forgive him that act of idiocy, bearing in mind he kept us out of the Euro. Which would have cost the UK a whole lot more, so I'm happy to acknowledge that GB did something good for the UK.
                      Actually what he did was notify the market that he was going to sell loads of gold, ensuring that the price fell before he sold it....and then he sold it!
                      Rule Number 1 - Assuming that you have a valid contract in place always try to get your poo onto your timesheet, provided that the timesheet is valid for your current contract and covers the period of time that you are billing for.

I preferred version 1!

Comment

Working...
                      X