• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Parliamentary sovereignty

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Waah waah waaah

I do not like what is happening so I am going to make up some bollox and then try and pass it off as fact.

waah

Comment

Originally posted by BlasterBates View Post
      I think one should have an open mind and take an objective view on what will be in the trade agreement written by the evil oppressive EUSSR and should be viewed without prejudice regardless of the fact that it has been written by undemocratic evil faceless bureaucrats.
      This isn’t a trade agreement, it’s the Withdrawal Agreement. Any trade framework (note: framework, not agreement) prior to March will be fudgy enough to get through Parliament.

Comment

Originally posted by GreenMirror View Post
        I agree people should understand what is in there before commenting. Especially those in the "born to rule" camp.

The key for me is being out of EU control. The UK is still a part of Europe. The EUSSR will fail eventually. As much as Germany would like a European Army under its control including nukes.
        We’re not in “EU control”, we’re a senior member and contributor to the EU as a member state, with seats at the council and in the European Parliament. It’s depressing that 2 years on this still needs to be explained.

And for those of us that work in companies that export to the EU, we will still need to follow EU regulations and standards anyway, except now with no representation to put our point of view across in any changes.

Comment

Originally posted by original PM View Post
          Waah waah waaah

I do not like what is happening so I am going to make up some bollox and then try and pass it off as fact.

waah

Spoken like a true Brexiter
          Brexit is having a wee in the middle of the room at a house party because nobody is talking to you, and then complaining about the smell.

Comment

Another consequence will be employers pushing the wages down of British nationals so that they can pay extra for EU nationals. Something to ponder and more likely to cause one to choke on one's chlorinated chicken.

I'm alright Jack

Comment

Originally posted by Yorkie62 View Post
              You are all deluded.

This is clearly going to be forced through the cabinet with the cabinet coming out in full support (or they will be forced to resign their posts) and then the whips will do their job with the back benches - vote for the deal in parliament or lose your seat in a GE There will probably be enough labour support to squeeze it through parliament. UK is then left with a leave agreement with a probable, non time limited back stop where UK remains part of the EU but with no say or vote on what happens with regard to setting of rules/regs, i.e. we give away our sovereignty. Nice one.....NOT
              Well you are deluded too. I know this as anyone who posts on CUK is.

The question is if Labour will back the Brexit Bill. I am not convinced they will.

Comment

Bit are being leaked.

Just heard on the radio that the transition period lasts for 20 months, but any trade agreement has to lock us into EU legislation until 2030, i.e. we will not leave the EU until 2030, but our formal membership will cease in March. We have just given away UK parliament sovereign rights until 2030.

Comment

Originally posted by GreenMirror View Post
                  The question is if Labour will back the Brexit Bill. I am not convinced they will.
                  Labour might back the bill in an effort to bring down the government.

I.e. back it to force it through, then the Brexit Tories go off on one and force May out with a vote of no-confidence, followed by a GE.
                  …Maybe we ain’t that young anymore

Comment

Originally posted by WTFH View Post
                    Labour might back the bill in an effort to bring down the government.

I.e. back it to force it through, then the Brexit Tories go off on one and force May out with a vote of no-confidence, followed by a GE.
                    They would get a vote of no confidence on the back of a change of Tory leadership, but they might, and then its only a slim hope, get one on the back of the government being unable to deliver Brexit by voting down the Brexit agreement. Then again is the Brexit agreement is voted down May maybe inclined to go to the people anyway. Now as a remainer would May go to the people on a remain ticket or a leave ticket? Could she gamble on a remain ticket on the basis, as all the remainers keep saying on here, that remain is now the favoured option by the UK people.

Comment

Originally posted by Yorkie62 View Post
                      They would get a vote of no confidence on the back of a change of Tory leadership, but they might, and then its only a slim hope, get one on the back of the government being unable to deliver Brexit by voting down the Brexit agreement. Then again is the Brexit agreement is voted down May maybe inclined to go to the people anyway. Now as a remainer would May go to the people on a remain ticket or a leave ticket? Could she gamble on a remain ticket on the basis, as all the remainers keep saying on here, that remain is now the favoured option by the UK people.
                      I suspect if (when?) May loses the parliament vote that she will be forced into a leadership contest.

Whether she does or not I believe there is little chance of an unforced GE until 2022 - Tories stand a chance of losing. Better chance of a forced GE where the DUP sides with Labour, SNP etcetc and forces a vote of no confidence.

Comment

Working...
                      X