• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Signed, sealed, delivered

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Paddy View Post
    You didn't read the ballot paper then.
    "No Deal" wasn't on the ballot paper. It has simply evolved due to the general intransigence of the EU.

Bring it on.

“The period of the disintegration of the European Union has begun. And the first vessel to have departed is Britain”

Comment

Originally posted by shaunbhoy View Post
      It is not what we "wished for", it is what we VOTED for.

HTH

"No Deal" wasn't on the ballot paper. It has simply evolved due to the general intransigence of the EU.

Bring it on.

Poverty is too good for you.

Comment

HTH

But you didn't vote for no deal, that was never on offer. What was talked about at the time was Canada ++, or something like Norway, or our own 'special' deal. The ref was always leave with a deal, that was the will of the people. There is now a deal to leave the EU, exactly as the people willed, so we should just let our PM sign the damn thing so we can move on and try to fix everything that is now broken.
        I am what I drink, and I'm a bitter man

Comment

Originally posted by Old Greg View Post
          Poverty is too good for you.
          Well I wouldn't know. But if it is the root cause of your gurning perpetual belligerence then you may have a point.

However, I suspect I will never know.

Never mind though, perhaps if we crash out spectacularly enough, you will be sent home to join us in our "suffering".

“The period of the disintegration of the European Union has begun. And the first vessel to have departed is Britain”

Comment

Quote Originally Posted by shaunbhoy View Post

HTH

Quote Originally Posted by shaunbhoy View Post

Bring it on.

So on the one post you say we voted for no deal, then you follow it up agreeing no deal wasn't on the ballot paper (and hence we didn't vote for it). Come on, make your mind up ..... what do you think you and 17m other poor saps actually voted for?

Comment

Originally posted by Whorty View Post
              But you didn't vote for no deal, that was never on offer.
              Stop being so naive. It was ALWAYS a reasonable possibility if the EU Commission insisted upon putting their own narrow interests ahead of the needs of the European electorate as a whole.
              Hey presto, that has now come to pass it seems.

Let's just hope that the white-flag-waving Politicians that we are saddled with grow a set and don't capitulate entirely.

Comment

But you didn't vote for no deal, that was never on offer. What was talked about at the time was Canada ++, or something like Norway, or our own 'special' deal. The ref was always leave with a deal, that was the will of the people. There is now a deal to leave the EU, exactly as the people willed, so we should just let our PM sign the damn thing so we can move on and try to fix everything that is now broken.
                In fact Norway was the shining example given by Brixters for years running up until the referendum.
                "A people that elect corrupt politicians, imposters, thieves and traitors are not victims, but accomplices," George Orwell

Comment

So on the one post you say we voted for no deal, then you follow it up agreeing no deal wasn't on the ballot paper (and hence we didn't vote for it).
                  You really have a burning need for everything to be laid out in the simplest possible terms for you don't you?

I suppose that is a by-product of being so simple-minded.

Now jog on home....your village is pining for it's idiot.

Comment

Brexiters need to be careful what they wish for ... a no deal with just see us back in the EU faster

HTH

There you have it from the horse's mouth. shaunbhoy thinks he voted for hard Brexit. He must have gone into the gents instead of the polling booth and put his cross against some "hard" offering in the graffiti.

Stop being so naive. It was ALWAYS a reasonable possibility if the EU Commission insisted upon the needs of the European electorate as a whole against Britain's narrow interests
                    FTFY.
                    Down with racism. Long live miscegenation!

Comment

You really have a burning need for everything to be laid out in the simplest possible terms for you don't you?

I suppose that is a by-product of being so simple-minded.

Now jog on home....your village is pining for it's idiot.

Touched a nerve did I? Maybe one day you can explain to us what you did vote for, as you clearly have no idea.

Comment

Working...
                      X