• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Signed, sealed, delivered

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by BR14 View Post
    I don't know what you're all concerned about.
    fat bloke down the pub says everything'll be fine, so there you go
    You drink in the same pub as shaunbhoy?
    Brexit is having a wee in the middle of the room at a house party because nobody is talking to you, and then complaining about the smell.

Comment

Originally posted by meridian View Post
      I would be wary as to the veracity of this.

If s/he means the Withdrawal Agreement, then no, there is nothing in that. However, the WA includes the transition period within which we are effectively still subject to all existing treaties and agreements.

Of s/he means the future trade arrangement, there are no specifics in that, it’s just a fudge to get us through into the transition period.
      It seems there is a complete lack of planning for this. I was speaking with a friend who owns a small coach company. He said the matter is very complicated because even if an agreement about insurance and licences could be sorted out with the EU, countries such as Serbia which have an agreement with rhea EU will not automatically recognise UK documents. It may be back to the old days for coach operators and long waits going through customs.

My first holiday to Spain in the 50s involved changing coaches at each boarder.
      "A people that elect corrupt politicians, imposters, thieves and traitors are not victims, but accomplices," George Orwell

Comment

Originally posted by Paddy View Post
        It seems there is a complete lack of planning for this. I was speaking with a friend who owns a small coach company. He said the matter is very complicated because even if an agreement about insurance and licences could be sorted out with the EU, countries such as Serbia which have an agreement with rhea EU will not automatically recognise UK documents. It may be back to the old days for coach operators and long waits going through customs.

There are 750-ish EU agreements that we are party to as a member state that we will lose, that cover not only cover trade, but also regulatory cooperation, transport, etc.

Those that are advocating for “No Deal” and that we should fall back to “WTO rules” usually fail to mention that we already trade under WTO rules PLUS all of these aligning agreements.

Comment

Originally posted by shaunbhoy View Post
          I think you will find that a certain Gina Miller put the kybosh on her bludgeoning this crap deal through.

No, that's not correct.

The Millar case was about the sovereignty of Parliament to authorise the triggering of Article 50.

Old Greg has it correct, with "meaningful vote". This was the amendment that Dominic Grieve and others brought in as an amendment to the EU Withdrawal Bill. You might remember the furore over that happening?

Funny, that the "saboteurs and traitors" got it right (again) and it is only due to their actions that the Brexiter MPs have a right to vote down the proposed WA.

Comment

Originally posted by darmstadt View Post
            You drink in the same pub as shaunbhoy?
            Shauny doesn't drink down there, he stands in the toilets turning on taps for you and offering paper towels for a tip. Whatever you do though, don't take one of his lollipops, you don't know where they've been
            I am what I drink, and I'm a bitter man

Comment

Originally posted by meridian View Post
              No, that's not correct.

The Millar case was about the sovereignty of Parliament to authorise the triggering of Article 50.

Old Greg has it correct, with "meaningful vote". This was the amendment that Dominic Grieve and others brought in as an amendment to the EU Withdrawal Bill. You might remember the furore over that happening?

Funny, that the "saboteurs and traitors" got it right (again) and it is only due to their actions that the Brexiter MPs have a right to vote down the proposed WA.
              Damn those "saboteurs and traitors" for being right all the time. Anyone would think they know what they're talking about
              I am what I drink, and I'm a bitter man

Comment

Originally posted by Paddy View Post

What, everytime some new wanted to get on???

Comment

Daytime forum watching - is it really something you should be doing?

Originally posted by Whorty View Post
                  Shauny doesn't drink down there, he stands in the toilets turning on taps for you and offering paper towels for a tip. Whatever you do though, don't take one of his lollipops, you don't know where they've been
                  You: "Excuse me my good man, what's in those lollipops? Are they compliant with EU regulations?"
                  Shaun PosterMcBhoy: "What yer seeyun' with you fu'un mooth, Jummy. Dunny stat bullyun me, yer Sassenach feartie-cat!!!"
                  You: "OK, I'll have a packet of your emojis - I see you sell them by the kilometre"
                  "Don't part with your illusions; when they are gone you may still exist, but you have ceased to live" Mark Twain

Comment

Originally posted by Cirrus View Post
                    You: "Excuse me my good man, what's in those lollipops? Are they compliant with EU regulations?"
                    Shaun PosterMcBhoy: "What yer seeyun' with you fu'un mooth, Jummy. Dunny stat bullyun me, yer Sassenach feartie-cat!!!"
                    You: "OK, I'll have a packet of your emojis - I see you sell them by the kilometre"
                    you post more krap than SAS.

Comment

BOGOF

Originally posted by BR14 View Post
                      you post more krap than SAS.
                      He's Scottish.

To get rid of Northern Ireland to the Republic, I'd seriously consider chucking in Scotland free of charge. The Irish used to own half of Scotland anyway...

Win-win.
                      "Don't part with your illusions; when they are gone you may still exist, but you have ceased to live" Mark Twain

Comment

Working...
                      X