• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

52% of the people agree

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

52% of the people agree

That May's deal is the best on the table and a majority of 41% say MPs should vote it through (linky)

If there was a 2nd ref, with just 2 options on the table, the results currently poll as....

May Deal < No Deal
    May Deal < Remain
    No Deal < Remain

Given MPs will never vote for No Deal due to the fact that even they aren't thick enough to want to destroy the UK economy, then it looks like we'll remain in the EU after all

I wonder when Brexiters will start to accept the will of the people
    I am what I drink, and I'm a bitter man

Originally posted by Whorty View Post

Given MPs will never vote for No Deal due to the fact that even they aren't thick enough to want to destroy the UK economy, then it looks like we'll remain in the EU after all

Well it wouldn't BE the will of the people. It would be the will of the self-serving MPs if that were to happen.

Things would get "interesting", particularly the UKIP share of the vote in the next GE.

“The period of the disintegration of the European Union has begun. And the first vessel to have departed is Britain”

Comment

Originally posted by shaunbhoy View Post
      Well it wouldn't BE the will of the people. It would be the will of the self-serving MPs if that were to happen.

Things would get "interesting", particularly the UKIP share of the vote in the next GE.

If you believe in the poll results, then the will of the people is to vote for May's deal.

UKIP vote may increase marginally in some areas , but they won't get more than a handful of seats (e.g. Thurrock). Next GE will see Labour take over, this is why the Tory Brexiters are not keen to kick May out; they know doing that will likely lead to a GE and the Tories will be shown the door.

Comment

If you believe in the poll results, then the will of the people is to vote for May's deal.
        If you believe in the poll results we would have voted Remain in 2016 and wouldn't have to worry now about doing any deals with Hilary Clinton's USA.

“The period of the disintegration of the European Union has begun. And the first vessel to have departed is Britain”

Comment

From all the stories in the news about how bad a 'no deal' would be, yes even significantly worse than May's deal if the news is to be believed, then the people's vote will be a choice between 'no deal' and 'may's deal'.

Will be interesting to see if they also put in a 'remain' option (should such a thing even be possible in terms of rescinding Article 50 without needing all EU nations to agree ) as that will confirm that 'remain' is the governments true preferred choice and the rest has just been manipulation to arrive at that.
          Maybe tomorrow, I'll want to settle down. Until tomorrow, I'll just keep moving on.

Comment

That May's deal is the best on the table and a majority of 41% say MPs should vote it through (linky)

If there was a 2nd ref, with just 2 options on the table, the results currently poll as....

May Deal < No Deal
            May Deal < Remain
            No Deal < Remain

May's deal is NOT the BEST deal on the table. It is the ONLY deal on the table. No Deal IS NOT, by definition, a Deal. Therefore if there is only one deal on the table, i.e. you have a choice of one, there can only be a majority in favour of the one choice available.

No one actually knows what will happen should the MPs vote down May's offering. There are a number of known options and possible a few unknown options. May herself has said that should the deal be voted down then then the UK would go back to "Square One". What is Square One? Back to the negotiation table, a GE, or another referendum. Until May quantifies what she means by "square one" no-one, except May, has any idea what will happen should her offering be voted down by parliament.

The only thing that is guaranteed is that the news agencies will have plenty of content to fill their newspapers and media bulletins over the next few weeks. It will also give a few on here the opportunity to speculate and postulate about things they know little about.

Comment

Originally posted by Yorkie62 View Post
              May's deal is NOT the BEST deal on the table. It is the ONLY deal on the table. No Deal IS NOT, by definition, a Deal. Therefore if there is only one deal on the table, i.e. you have a choice of one, there can only be a majority in favour of the one choice available.

No one actually knows what will happen should the MPs vote down May's offering. There are a number of known options and possible a few unknown options. May herself has said that should the deal be voted down then then the UK would go back to "Square One". What is Square One? Back to the negotiation table, a GE, or another referendum. Until May quantifies what she means by "square one" no-one, except May, has any idea what will happen should her offering be voted down by parliament.

The only thing that is guaranteed is that the news agencies will have plenty of content to fill their newspapers and media bulletins over the next few weeks. It will also give a few on here the opportunity to speculate and postulate about things they know little about.
              Don't go spoiling my link to the Daily Wail by using facts! Isn't it funny though, that with only one option on the table, 48% of the british voting public still don't think it's the best option available

If there is stalemate in parliament, we need to go to a GE, or just let Corbyn form a government and to get us out of this mess. Not that I support Corbyn, never voted Labour in all my life, but at least he has control of his party and will get us out of the stalemate so the country can start to move forward.

Comment

Don't go spoiling my link to the Daily Wail by using facts! Isn't it funny though, that with only one option on the table, 48% of the british voting public still don't think it's the best option available

If there is stalemate in parliament, we need to go to a GE, or just let Corbyn form a government and to get us out of this mess. Not that I support Corbyn, never voted Labour in all my life, but at least he has control of his party and will get us out of the stalemate so the country can start to move forward.
                Only if we can have Diane Abbot as Brexit Minister. Got to be worth the entertainment value. She'll have the EU confused. They won't know what's hit them.

Comment

Originally posted by Yorkie62 View Post
                  Only if we can have Diane Abbot as Brexit Minister. Got to be worth the entertainment value. She'll have the EU confused. They won't know what's hit them.
                  I was hoping she'd be Chancellor, but I like your idea better

Comment

Originally posted by shaunbhoy View Post
                    If you believe in the poll results we would have voted Remain in 2016 and wouldn't have to worry now about doing any deals with Hilary Clinton's USA.
                    Typical moron - couple of pollsgetit wrong in a very tight poll (especially in US), therefore any poll they don’t like will be wrong

Comment

Working...
                    X