• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Reasons for voting Leave

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Yorkie62 View Post
    The last 3 have no relevance as they ae about trade and not the right to fish or fishing quotas. But in answer to the first
    Selection of offshore sites

Sent from my SM-G955F using Contractor UK Forum mobile app
    That doesn't answer the first question(s) at all.
    …Maybe we ain’t that young anymore

Comment

Originally posted by darmstadt View Post
      I thought I had heard all the reasons by now but just now a lady on the radio came out with a new one.

She voted Brexit because she hoped it would trigger a house price crash so she could afford to buy one. I think that is the most selfish and cretinous reason so far and explains the mindset of the Leaver...
      I'm postponing buying my next property hoping prices will crash, it is one of the few (potential) benefits of brexit

Comment

Originally posted by Whorty View Post
        You hear a lot of what remain voters say - the problem you have though is you don't listen to what they say.
        Nah, the problem is lack of intellectual ability to comprehend what's being said.
        Down with racism. Long live miscegenation!

Comment

True. You have to turn up to have a voice. But nothing you have said changes or contrdicts my original arguement. One voice against many will always lose. As an island nation the EU, I believe, had a duty to at least offer us preferential treatment wrt our fishing waters.

Sent from my SM-G955F using Contractor UK Forum mobile app
          Originally posted by meridian View Post
          Give us some facts then.

What % of the total waters of the EU are the territorial waters of the U.K.?
          What % is the UK’s share of the overall EU fishing catch?
          What % of the UK’s catch is sold in the U.K ?
          What % of the fish consumed in the U.K. is imported, not caught by U.K. fishermen?
          The last 3 have no relevance as they ae about trade and not the right to fish or fishing quotas. But in answer to the first
          Selection of offshore sites
          Of course they have relevance, especially #2. If our share of the overall EU fishing catch is greater than the % of waters, then it follows that we are fishing in non-UK waters. Quid pro quo - if you want to restrict UK waters from other EU nations, then they can restrict their waters from our fishermen.

You're right that % of consumption imported/exported is related to trade, but in my view this relates to whether or not any "preferential treatment" is good for our fishermen. It's no good saying that only UK fishermen can fish in UK waters if we don't eat what they catch and they have barriers to exporting to markets that pay a premium for their catch.

It's immensely intertwined, and it probably could do with a shakeup, but I don't believe that our fishermen have that hard a deal.

Comment

No one has mentioned the remain campaign yet? A lot of people voted leave because they refused to be manipulated, ordered and threatened by the remain campaign. You want someone to 'blame' there's your culprit right there.

Also TTIP was being negotiated in secret at the time which was when Obama was in power and the US & EU (and yes NATO) were all cosying up to be one big behemoth ultimately controlled by US special interests.

I know the remain campaign said we can fight TTIP more effectively from inside the EU but where is TTIP now?

Anyway "yadda yadda yadda, cretin cretin cretin" and all that

Carry on...
            "Is someone you don't like allowed to say something you don't like? If that is the case then we have free speech."- Elon Musk

Comment

Originally posted by Jog On View Post
              No one has mentioned the remain campaign yet? A lot of people voted leave because they refused to be manipulated, ordered and threatened by the remain campaign. You want someone to 'blame' there's your culprit right there.
              I think this goes into the "give one in the eye to Cameron" bucket. Ironically (and your mileage may vary here depending on your viewpoint) they were then manipulated, lied to, and deceived by the leave campaign. There was no ying without yang in the referendum campaign, and that goes both ways.

Also TTIP was being negotiated in secret at the time which was when Obama was in power and the US & EU (and yes NATO) were all cosying up to be one big behemoth ultimately controlled by US special interests.

I know the remain campaign said we can fight TTIP more effectively from inside the EU but where is TTIP now?
              Can't stand Trump myself but the one decent thing he's done in office was to cancel TTIP.

Where is it now? Coming to a US-UK trade deal near you, real soon

Comment

I voted to leave because I am an evil, and somewhat Cretinous, bastard.

HTH BIDI

Comment

Originally posted by DimPrawn View Post

HTH BIDI
                  You also sold your Cyprus villa - I reckon you would have never voted leave so long as you had it...

Comment

Originally posted by AtW View Post
                    You also sold your Cyprus villa - I reckon you would have never voted leave so long as you had it...
                    Well, if I had kept the villa, I might be living there now, retired and bremoaning about all the idiot gammons trying to ruin my UK subsidised life.

Comment

Originally posted by DimPrawn View Post

HTH BIDI
                      When freedom comes along, don't PISH in the water supply.....

Comment

Working...
                      X