• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Looks like a 2nd referndum is coming

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by minestrone View Post
    "The referendum will never happen... leave will never win... they will never trigger A50... we will stay in the single market... we will stay in the customs union... we will get a deal before we leave... we can stop this before march"

Do you lot ever think "well, I've got everything wrong so far, maybe I'm not very good a predicting tulip"
    Successfully predicted this tulip deal.
    I also predict the UK will rejoin Europe in our lifetimes, once the reaility hits that it's too weak to go it alone.

But you're right - which of the 3 possible short term options (BRINO, no deal or 2nd ref) will occur is anyone's guess.
    Whichever, Brexiters have lost in one way or another.
    Hard Brexit now!
    #prayfornodeal

Comment

There is no time to do anything about it. Would take months to organise a referendum, probably have to get a GE to get a mandate for it, would be challenged legally in the same way Miller went about it.

Having the exit date now law is the killer.

She could lose the vote and then offer labour and or the SNP some kind of "deal" but that will cause carnage in the party. There will just be this minority government for months unable to change the process.

Comment

There is no time to do anything about it. Would take months to organise a referendum, probably have to get a GE to get a mandate for it, would be challenged legally in the same way Miller went about it.

Having the exit date now law is the killer.

She could lose the vote and then offer labour and or the SNP some kind of "deal" but that will cause carnage in the party. There will just be this minority government for months unable to change the process.
        Indeed your and your fellow Brexiters have administered the coup de grace to the UK.
        Well done.
        Hard Brexit now!
        #prayfornodeal

Comment

Faster we get back to invading third world countries the better.

Comment

Faster we get back to invading third world countries the better.
            Got the cannon-fodder (if you can get them to lose weight), don't have the money.
            Anyway parts of Britain are of 3rd world standard.

HTH, BIDI.
            Hard Brexit now!
            #prayfornodeal

Comment

Originally posted by original PM View Post
              Why was it that Farage used to be the biggest loser ever and all the remainers ever talked about was how much of a ****** he was.

And yet now they hail him as some form of saint and hang off his every word.

The gourd, no no no the sandal.

Whereas your hopeless cretinism remains a constant.

Comment

Originally posted by BlasterBates View Post
                A no deal is now a real possibility but it will be temporary. I reckon it will last just long enough for the UK to split up after which the restUK under a very left wing Labour government will begin the inevitable capitulation towards BRINO.

I think once it's all done and dusted anyone left standing will have the sh*t taxed out of them.

...and mass migration will continue.

And Labour will take us into the SM and CU
                I am what I drink, and I'm a bitter man

Comment

Originally posted by sasguru View Post
                  Successfully predicted this tulip deal.
                  Ah yes....the old "stopped clock being right twice a day" gambit.

“The period of the disintegration of the European Union has begun. And the first vessel to have departed is Britain”

Comment

Originally posted by sasguru View Post
                    Both Remainers and Leavers coming to this conclusion.
                    Especially Farage. He really wants one. he realises that Trump isn't going to offer him a job like he thought and realises he's going to miss his nice EU salary.
                    Wasn't meant to happen, he was a professional sniper fom the sidelines and now he's only gone and blown the doors off.

Nigel Farage warming to second EU referendum - BBC News

Comment

A year old thread resurrected. Thanks for taking the time from your ML empire to look for it, Minnie. I'm flattered.
                      Hard Brexit now!
                      #prayfornodeal

Comment

Working...
                      X