• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Post-Brexit immigration fears

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Paddy View Post
    Conversely, the UK has young working EU people that are generally not a burden.
    Immigrants contribute £2,300 more per year to the British economy than Brits, and £78,000 more over their lifetime.

So not only will we lose that economic boost, we'll get an influx of British pensioners in need of pensions, benefits and free healthcare.

EU migrant workers contribute GBP2,300 more per year to UK than average British citizen, study reveals | The Independent
    Taking a break from contracting

Comment

Originally posted by Brussels Slumdog View Post
      The British who live in the EU like myself legally had to register after 3 months and apply for a residency card.
      It took me about 4 months in 2016 to become Belgian as I had been a resident since 2003.
      EU nationals have no legal requirement to register at the city hall.As a British citizen , I have only been on a voters roll for 1 year of my working life. There must be a lot of EU citizens who have no documented evidence of living in the UK.

Sent from my SM-A320FL using Contractor UK Forum mobile app
      The subject of undocumented EU citizens in the UK as been in the the foreign press. There are many workers living in flat shares and houses in multiple occupation and on casual work.
      "A people that elect corrupt politicians, imposters, thieves and traitors are not victims, but accomplices," George Orwell

Comment

If they are working legally they should have National Insurance number and track record of tax payments ...

Comment

Originally posted by AtW View Post
          If they are working legally they should have National Insurance number and track record of tax payments ...
          The windrush generation must also have tax and NI payments , so why do the windrush generation have a problem.?

Sent from my SM-A320FL using Contractor UK Forum mobile app

Comment

Originally posted by TwoWolves View Post
            It will be granted. British expats are an economic boon to European countries and they will concede, I'm sure of it.
            Originally posted by meridian View Post
            You misspelled “immigrants”.

Is that like EU migrants are an economic boon to the UK?
            Brits tend to be too poorly educated and unskilled nowadays in terms of the very best jobs.
            Maybe it was different in the past, but that's the past.
            That's why London is the most productive place in the UK - it's majority foreign.

It's a difficult truth.

Mapped: How Britain has the most university educated migrants in the EU
            UK is magnet for highly educated EU migrants, research shows | UK news | The Guardian
            Hard Brexit now!
            #prayfornodeal

Comment

Originally posted by sasguru View Post
              It's a made-up truth.

Designed primarily for gullible dullards like me to gorge myself upon as it serves to support my misguided fallacies.

ftfy

“The period of the disintegration of the European Union has begun. And the first vessel to have departed is Britain”

Comment

Originally posted by shaunbhoy View Post
                ftfy

I rest my case.
                Hard Brexit now!
                #prayfornodeal

Comment

Brits tend to be too poorly educated and unskilled nowadays in terms of the very best jobs.
                  Maybe it was different in the past, but that's the past.
                  That's why London is the most productive place in the UK - it's majority foreign.

It's a difficult truth.

Mapped: How Britain has the most university educated migrants in the EU
                  UK is magnet for highly educated EU migrants, research shows | UK news | The Guardian
                  The statistic that really stands out like a sore thumb is the 53% of Brits who have a low education compared to 14% of immigrants.

I'm alright Jack

Comment

I rest my case.
                    At least shauny has a BSC*

*Bronze Swimming Certificate

Comment

Originally posted by AtW View Post
                      Unfortunately that alone is not considered as evidence of resistance.
                      "A people that elect corrupt politicians, imposters, thieves and traitors are not victims, but accomplices," George Orwell

Comment

Working...
                      X