• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Growth slumps to lowest in two years as businesses panic over Brexit

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

The economy risks grinding to a halt as Brexit panic grips businesses, with new data showing activity slowed sharply in November.

GDP growth could be slashed to just 0.1pc in the final quarter of the year as a result, tumbling from 0.6pc in the previous three months.

The purchasing managers’ index (PMI) from IHS Markit slowed to 50.4 last month, down from 52.2 in October to the worst score since the aftermath of the referendum in 2016. Any score above 50 indicates growth, so this suggests stagnation across the biggest part of the economy.

Economists had expected the PMI to rise to 52.7 in a modest acceleration of growth.

Originally posted by AtW View Post
    The economy risks grinding to a halt as Brexit panic grips businesses, with new data showing activity slowed sharply in November.

GDP growth could be slashed to just 0.1pc in the final quarter of the year as a result, tumbling from 0.6pc in the previous three months.

The purchasing managers’ index (PMI) from IHS Markit slowed to 50.4 last month, down from 52.2 in October to the worst score since the aftermath of the referendum in 2016. Any score above 50 indicates growth, so this suggests stagnation across the biggest part of the economy.

Economists had expected the PMI to rise to 52.7 in a modest acceleration of growth.

That is because Brexit hasn't happened yet. As soon as it does, the economy will experience a jam, tea and biscuit led export boom. The Tory Brexiteers have said it so it is the patriotic truth.

Comment

Originally posted by Old Greg View Post
      That is because Brexit hasn't happened yet. .
      This ^

We are still trading with the EU and it isn't adding any value.

Hard Brexit, new trade deals with the rest of the World. Bring it on FFS!

Comment

Originally posted by DimPrawn View Post
        This ^

The economy will boom in GBP terms.

Comment

Originally posted by Old Greg View Post
          The economy will boom in GBP terms.
          I get paid in GBP, so all good mate.

Comment

Get a wheelbarrow from MF's tatteria.

Comment

This ^

What a guy!

:kipper

Comment

What if you don’t get paid, then what, find a new job in EU?

Comment

Originally posted by AtW View Post
                  What if you don’t get paid, then what, find a new job in EU?

I'm a world leading bulltulipter, my future is secure post-Brexit.

Comment

I'm a world leading bulltulipter, my future is secure post-Brexit.
                    Yes, in a secure mental hospital - you will share room with Napoleon

Comment

Working...
                    X