• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

No Norway Plus option then...

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by original PM View Post
    Can you explain why less people coming into the country with their hand out is costing us money?
    Well it would cost money, if in fact "their hand was out".
    But it wouldn't if the majority came here to work.
    Cretin.
    Hard Brexit now!
    #prayfornodeal

Comment

Originally posted by sasguru View Post
      Well here's an example of the poor logic I was highlighting earlier.
      You're right, when you say "the UK economy is but a small part of the Global economy in which we now live". (It's about 3% actually).
      What logically follows from that is that what happens to the UK will not much affect the global economy.
      But the reverse is not necessarily true.
      We can make our economy an even smaller percentage of the global economy by the wrong choices.
      With a huge impact on the UK.

That poor logic accounts for the primary mistake made at the start of the negotiations : "They need us more than we need them".
      No they don't. Yes they'll suffer, but we'll suffer more. It's all about relative sizes.

And this sort of unincisive and poor thinking is typical of Brexiters, which is why I call them morons.

Next!
      Yay let's be France

French taxes cut as Macron caves in to rioters, admitting he is 'partially responsible'

Maybe the reason lots of other countries want to stay in the EU is cos their own politicians are utter wimps.

No doubt he'll be off to suckle at mothers teat soon.

Comment

Yay let's be France

French taxes cut as Macron caves in to rioters, admitting he is 'partially responsible'

Maybe the reason lots of other countries want to stay in the EU is cos their own politicians are utter wimps.

No doubt he'll be off to suckle at mothers teat soon.
        Non sequitur.

The evidence is in. Brexiters are in fact morons of a high order.
        Hard Brexit now!
        #prayfornodeal

Comment

Well here's an example of the poor logic I was highlighting earlier.
          You're right, when you say "the UK economy is but a small part of the Global economy in which we now live". (It's about 3% actually).
          What logically follows from that is that what happens to the UK will not much affect the global economy.
          But the reverse is not necessarily true.
          We can make our economy an even smaller percentage of the global economy by the wrong choices.
          With a huge impact on the UK.

That poor logic accounts for the primary mistake made at the start of the negotiations : "They need us more than we need them".
          No they don't. Yes they'll suffer, but we'll suffer more. It's all about relative sizes.

And this sort of unincisive and poor thinking is typical of Brexiters, which is why I call them morons.

Next!
          And what wrong choices would they be? Please enlighten me with facts and not opinion.
          With regard to the wrong choices being made during negotiations, will that be the negotiations that were handled by individuals who voted remain negotitating the May deal. Those same individuals who have now gone back to the EU to get some concessions.

Sent from my SM-G955F using Contractor UK Forum mobile app

Comment

Non sequitur.

The evidence is in. Brexiters are in fact morons of a high order.
            So the second largest contributor to the EU after Germany is pretty much in civil meltdown and you say it is not relevant?

People are finally realising that when Macron and Merkle welcomed all the refugees with open arms and offering to let them eat of our plates and live under our roofs - you know they really meant your plate and your roof and not theirs don't you.

Comment

Originally posted by Yorkie62 View Post
              And what wrong choices would they be? Please enlighten me with facts and not opinion.
              With regard to the wrong choices being made during negotiations, will that be the negotiations that were handled by individuals who voted remain negotitating the May deal. Those same individuals who have now gone back to the EU to get some concessions.

So what was David Davies doing all this time? You're right, fook all. It was noticed that he made no preperations for any meetings, unlike Barnier.
              That's because, like you, he assumed his cards were stronger than they were.
              Can't be bothered to enlighten you because you can't think for yourself.
              Hard Brexit now!
              #prayfornodeal

Comment

Never disputed that fact, but as has already been said in this thread it used to be 10x that size before we gave away our fishing rights which as an island nation must be held with some importance.]
                See, this is the problem with trying to have a rational discussion here. You’re assuming that another poster is correct, without trying to research any facts yourself.

Fishing may or may have not been 0.5% and now 0.05%, but that does not mean that it was 10x the size. An alternative explanation is that GDP has increased, while fishing has decreased slightly - not by an order of magnitude.

Parliamentary research files show that it has decreased, but that this has been a continuing trend since 1910. Graph on page 4.

https://researchbriefings.files.parl...88/SN02788.pdf

Between 2005 and 2016, only 4 EU/EFTA countries have seen an increase in catch (U.K., ES, PL, FI), so overall the U.K. is actually one of the lucky ones - all other countries have had their catches decline (table page 13).

Total number of fishermen halved between 1948 and 1970, when we were not in the EU (table page 18).

Comment

So the second largest contributor to the EU after Germany is pretty much in civil meltdown and you say it is not relevant?

People are finally realising that when Macron and Merkle welcomed all the refugees with open arms and offering to let them eat of our plates and live under our roofs - you know they really meant your plate and your roof and not theirs don't you.
                  Yorkie wonders why I call Brexiters morons and then you turn up, thus removing all doubt.
                  Hard Brexit now!
                  #prayfornodeal

Comment

Originally posted by meridian View Post
                    See, this is the problem with trying to have a rational discussion here. You’re assuming that another poster is correct, without trying to research any facts yourself.

Fishing may or may have not been 0.5% and now 0.05%, but that does not mean that it was 10x the size. An alternative explanation is that GDP has increased, while fishing has decreased slightly - not by an order of magnitude.

Parliamentary research files show that it has decreased, but that this has been a continuing trend since 1910. Graph on page 4.

https://researchbriefings.files.parl...88/SN02788.pdf

Between 2005 and 2016, only 4 EU/EFTA countries have seen an increase in catch (U.K., ES, PL, FI), so overall the U.K. is actually one of the lucky ones - all other countries have had their catches decline (table page 13).

Total number of fishermen halved between 1948 and 1970, when we were not in the EU (table page 18).
                    Ah I see now. The title of the referenced document gave me all the information I needed.

"UK Sea Fisheries Lies Damn Lies and Statistics"

Comment

Ah I see now. The title of the referenced document gave me all the information I needed.

"UK Sea Fisheries Lies Damn Lies and Statistics"

Yeah why not use your random brain farts instead.
                      Thanks for proving I was right and you are indeed a first-class moron.
                      Hard Brexit now!
                      #prayfornodeal

Comment

Working...
                      X