• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Brexit the gift that keeps on giving

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Eirikur View Post
    every + or -0.1% in the exchange rate means several 100s of pound more or less for me personally. But for companies who trade in billions it means millions or more
    But hey your brexit brain is too small to understand.
    Oh grow up for once.

I was making the point that every micro movement is called a plummet or a surge these days. I am also not paid in GBP so I do understand that lots times something small = something large. Apart from your brain power it seems.

Comment

If you use the definition of the word freedom as;

The RIGHT to ACT, SPEAK, or THINK as one wants.

Then you probably only ever have 2 out of the 3. The right to ACT as you want is not quite a given.

Just throwing that out there

Comment

Originally posted by Yorkie62 View Post
        If you use the definition of the word freedom as;

The RIGHT to ACT, SPEAK, or THINK as one wants.

Then you probably only ever have 2 out of the 3. The right to ACT as you want is not quite a given.

Just throwing that out there
        Neither of the first two are a given in a normal society, there are rules and restrictions and societal norms all around us, regardless of whether we are in or out of the EU.

Comment

Originally posted by meridian View Post
          Neither of the first two are a given in a normal society, there are rules and restrictions and societal norms all around us, regardless of whether we are in or out of the EU.
          Yes, I hadn't fully considered that there are some words which if spoken out loud may get you into trouble. So inlconclusion, none of us have freedom in the absolute definition of the word. We only have freedom, with caveats.

Comment

Yes, I hadn't fully considered that there are some words which if spoken out loud may get you into trouble. So inlconclusion, none of us have freedom in the absolute definition of the word. We only have freedom, with caveats.

a colleague at a previous company said that his dad said that the only freedom we have is our thoughts

Milan.

Comment

Pretty much agree, but that’s only really if that’s your definition of freedom. Personally, I think that if someone wants to do or say anything they like without consequence then that puts them close to the definition of being a psychopath.

Comment

Or maybe that’s two freedoms, someone’s freedom to shout “bomb” in an airport, and our freedom to lock them up for it. :-)

Comment

Originally posted by Mordac View Post
                  We don't appear to have the freedom to leave the EU, having held a democratic vote to do so.
                  The UK has the power to leave the EU without notice and without invoking Article 50, by a single act of parliament.

Comment

Working...
                  X