• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Sadiq Khan triggers Brexiteer snowflake outrage with fireworks

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

We shouldn't be getting our knickers in a twist. That nice Mr Khan is simply saying that London is open for business, which it should be, especially post Brexit when we can deal with the rest of the World from our position as Europe's closest free trade port and financial centre

Comment

Originally posted by Mordac View Post
      One wonders what the headlines might have been if Boris had pulled a comparable stunt when he was mayor. I didn't see the fireworks on tv, unfortunately, I was out having fun. Iplayer (via Sky) doesn't seem to have the programme listed either, so I'll have to pass judgement.
      Unless anyone has a link?

Comment

Originally posted by Eirikur View Post
        Seriously?

Is that what all the bleating is about?

Do what thou wilt

Comment

Ah, you mean this Andrew Bridgen

Originally posted by Twitter
          Brexiteer Andrew Bridgen (who thought Brits had automatic right to Irish passport) now thinks the solution to the Irish border is that the Republic of Ireland (where 85% like the EU) will want to leave too "when it sees the land of milk and honey in the UK"
          Bless.....
          Alex Taylor on Twitter:
          "Being nice costs nothing and sometimes gets you extra bacon" - Pondlife.

Comment

Originally posted by Dark Black View Post
            Seriously?

Treason is treason.

Comment

Originally posted by Dark Black View Post
              Seriously?

My thoughts exactly. At worst, Khan was having a light-hearted dig at Brexit, and why shouldn't he? Last time I looked, we were still a free country.
              His heart is in the right place - shame we can't say the same about his brain...

Comment

Originally posted by Old Greg View Post
                We'll issue you with a pair of these next year, to protect your blood pressure.

For avoidance of all doubt, we'll just strap a dildo to your head to save you speaking.
                The greatest trick the devil ever pulled was convincing the world that he didn't exist

Comment

Originally posted by LondonManc View Post
                  For avoidance of all doubt, we'll just strap a dildo to your head to save you speaking.
                  You are a precious little snowflake, aren't you?

Comment

Originally posted by Old Greg View Post
                    You are a precious little snowflake, aren't you?
                    In my experience, the most self-righteous are the least likely to actually be right.

Get your post-ironic head round that.
                    His heart is in the right place - shame we can't say the same about his brain...

Comment

Originally posted by Mordac View Post
                      In my experience, the most self-righteous are the least likely to actually be right.

Get your post-ironic head round that.
                      Your experience is tainted by your cretinism.

Comment

Working...
                      X