It's all about Immigration... It's all about Immigration... - Page 2
Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast
Posts 11 to 20 of 46
  1. #11

    Double Godlike!

    original PM's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Location
    Cheshire
    Posts
    12,780

    Default

    Bringing Immigration under control is in the best interests of the UK.

    It is clearly however not related to Brexit.

  2. #12

    Contractor Among Contractors


    Join Date
    Aug 2015
    Posts
    1,001

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by original PM View Post
    Bringing Immigration under control is in the best interests of the UK.

    It is clearly however not related to Brexit.
    Many Brexiters misread "Do you want to Leave the EU?" as "Do you want to ban all foreigners from the UK?". A hatred of brown people and muslims led them to vote to leave a trading bloc consisting of a mainly white christian population.

    For sure, for some people it was about tax and disaster capitalism, and for some people they really hated burgundy passports. But mostly it was about immigration and immigrants.

  3. #13

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by chopper View Post
    Many Brexiters misread "Do you want to Leave the EU?" as "Do you want to ban all foreigners from the UK?". A hatred of brown people and muslims led them to vote to leave a trading bloc consisting of a mainly white christian population.

    For sure, for some people it was about tax and disaster capitalism, and for some people they really hated burgundy passports. But mostly it was about immigration and immigrants.
    Where's your evidence of that bollocks?
    Old Greg - In search of acceptance since Mar 2007. Hoping each leap will be his last.

  4. #14

    More fingers than teeth

    darmstadt's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Location
    The Eurozone
    Posts
    17,914

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Zigenare View Post
    Where's your evidence of that bollocks?
    This forum, possibly...actually you only need to read the Twittersphere to see that...
    Brexit is having a wee in the middle of the room at a house party because nobody is talking to you, and then complaining about the smell.

  5. #15

    More fingers than teeth

    BlasterBates's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Location
    1922 Commitee
    Posts
    14,521

    Default

    Brexit is all about putting the great back into Britain, just like Donald is doing with the US.

    Bring it on.

    I'm alright Jack

  6. #16

    Contractor Among Contractors


    Join Date
    Aug 2015
    Posts
    1,001

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Zigenare View Post
    Where's your evidence of that bollocks?
    Images on the previous page of leading Brexit Gammons getting angry when immigration didn't reduce.

  7. #17

    Contractor Among Contractors

    Cirrus's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2015
    Location
    Rural Rutland
    Posts
    1,277

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Zigenare View Post
    Where's your evidence of that bollocks?
    Two out of the three Brexiteers I know admitted it was immigration. They didn't say that to start with. Eventually you'll be able to as well. There's nothing wrong with disliking foreigners arriving on your patch. For that matter lies and self delusion are not the end of the world. However turning self delusion into voting is totally unacceptable.
    "Don't part with your illusions; when they are gone you may still exist, but you have ceased to live" Mark Twain

  8. #18

    Double Godlike!

    original PM's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Location
    Cheshire
    Posts
    12,780

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Cirrus View Post
    Two out of the three Brexiteers I know admitted it was immigration. They didn't say that to start with. Eventually you'll be able to as well. There's nothing wrong with disliking foreigners arriving on your patch. For that matter lies and self delusion are not the end of the world. However turning self delusion into voting is totally unacceptable.
    Overdose of eggnog over the festive period?

  9. #19

    Super poster

    Whorty's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2014
    Location
    South West
    Posts
    3,907

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by original PM View Post
    Overdose of eggnog over the festive period?
    That would go some way to explain your posts, but it doesn't explain all your drivel.

    You're welcome
    I am what I drink, and I'm a bitter man

  10. #20

    Super poster

    Lance's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2013
    Location
    home
    Posts
    4,947

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by original PM View Post
    Bringing Immigration under control is in the best interests of the UK.

    It is clearly however not related to Brexit.
    Not all brexiteers are anti-immigration. All anti-immigrationalists are brexiteers.


    What makes you say it's not under control anyway? The net immigration is more than just the EU so the government, despite the rhetoric, is not doing what it could to reduce it. My conclusion is that it is under control in exactly the way the government want and the whole debate is a red herring.

    Immigration is good for the country. And really good for business. And really really good for tories (both because it gets them votes when they pretend to want to do something about it, and because it makes them richer)


    You do know we have an ageing population don't you? And the fix to that is immigration. And the immigrants just need to be young and fertile, their skills are immaterial.
    See You Next Tuesday

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •