• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Anyone in Kent?

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Anyone in Kent?

You might want to rethink your travel plans on Monday morning:

HGV convoy to take part in trial runs for Manston post-Brexit lorry park plans – The Isle Of Thanet News

To ensure the route from Manston to Dover can safely withstand an increase in HGV traffic, we are conducting a live test on Monday 7th January. This test will establish the safest optimum release rate of HGVs from Manston airfield along the proposed route on the A256 to the Port of Dover, and how any impacts could be managed.

“The DfT has sought participation of up to 150 HGVs from hauliers, via contacts through the Road Haulage Association and Freight Transport Association, to carry out the test. The intention is for two test runs to take place, one in the morning peak time departing around 08:00, and another departing at around 11:00, to assess times taken from Manston airfield along the A256, and from the bottom of the A256 to the Eastern Docks roundabout at the entry of the Port.

That's good that they're practising the permanent traffic jam after Brexit.

I'm alright Jack

Comment

Originally posted by BlasterBates View Post
      That's good that they're practising the permanent traffic jam after Brexit.

I'd like to think they are trying to assess where problems might arise, and deal with them ahead of time.
      The cynic in me tends to agree with your version of events though...
      His heart is in the right place - shame we can't say the same about his brain...

Comment

Originally posted by Mordac View Post
        I'd like to think they are trying to assess where problems might arise, and deal with them ahead of time.

...if only the UK politicians and the media had thought about doing that prior to June 2016, then maybe fewer would have been duped into a promise that had no reality or thought behind it.
        …Maybe we ain’t that young anymore

Comment

Originally posted by WTFH View Post
          ...if only the UK politicians and the media had thought about doing that prior to June 2016, then maybe fewer would have been duped into a promise that had no reality or thought behind it.
          The reality is we don't have to worry about being part of a single nation state and being forced into the Euro, the rest can crack on and best of luck to them.
          His heart is in the right place - shame we can't say the same about his brain...

Comment

The reality is we don't have to worry about being part of a single nation state and being forced into the Euro, the rest can crack on and best of luck to them.
            Why are (were) you worried about that? We have a veto.

Yet another non-existent threat that you’re afraid of?

Comment

Originally posted by meridian View Post
              Why are (were) you worried about that? We have a veto.

Yet another non-existent threat that you’re afraid of?
              We are only ever one treaty away from not having a veto. We only have Gordon Brown to thank that we aren't in already. I stand by my prediction that the Euro will be mandatory by 2030, and any veto won't be worth the paper its written on.

Comment

We are only ever one treaty away from not having a veto. We only have Gordon Brown to thank that we aren't in already. I stand by my prediction that the Euro will be mandatory by 2030, and any veto won't be worth the paper its written on.

only if we agree and Every other nation in the e.u agrees....
                Make Mercia Great Again!

Comment

Originally posted by BlueSharp View Post
                  only if we agree and Every other nation in the e.u agrees....
                  What's this "we" tulip? Do you really think "we'll" get a say in this?

Comment

So will Kent soon change from being the 'Garden of England' to the 'Lorry Park of England'?

Why is Kent called the Garden of England?

Ashford International Truck Stop | Lorry Park - Truck stop and service station in Ashford Kent
                    Brexit is having a wee in the middle of the room at a house party because nobody is talking to you, and then complaining about the smell.

Comment

Working...
                    X