• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Let me be perfectly clear. The UK will leave the EU on 29th March 2019.

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Nah, I'll just pay the 9p tariff on a bottle of imported wine.
    No need, you will be able to buy a very decent new-world wine cheaper once the EU tariff is removed.

Comment

Originally posted by NigelJK View Post
      No need, you will be able to buy a very decent new-world wine cheaper once the EU tariff is removed.
      It's pretty cheap now.

Comment

Is that the approx. 11p per bottle tariff? How much do you think the UK applies in duty and VAT?

Comment

What are the EU tariffs on wine from Chile right now?

And how much cheaper (or more expensive) will that be once the increase in UK duty comes in on 1 February 2019?

Comment

Originally posted by meridian View Post

And how much cheaper (or more expensive) will that be once the increase in UK duty comes in on 1 February 2019?
            I doubt we will be recieving any more of Nigel's wisdom on this topic.

Comment

Originally posted by meridian View Post

Slightly off topic, but wine tip. If you find a Chilean wine on the menu or in a supermarket, in the mid-priced ranged, buy it. They're usually very good and underpriced. Even if 9p more expensive post Brexit.
              Down with racism. Long live miscegenation!

Comment

Originally posted by NotAllThere View Post
                Slightly off topic, but wine tip. If you find a Chilean wine on the menu or in a supermarket, in the mid-priced ranged, buy it. They're usually very good and underpriced. Even if 9p more expensive post Brexit.
                Just wait until sterling tanks.

Comment

Originally posted by Old Greg View Post
                  Just wait until sterling tanks.
                  Good point. I've been living a long time with very strong currency.
                  Down with racism. Long live miscegenation!

Comment

4/1 now.

Comment

Originally posted by NotAllThere View Post
                      But could we not just go to Chile and negotiate a better deal than we had when in the EU?

I mean I am pretty sure that most of the wine growing countries in the EU would have voted to have quite high import tax on wines from outside the EU?

Comment

Working...
                      X