If MPs stop Brexit, Middle England could stage its biggest revolt in modern history If MPs stop Brexit, Middle England could stage its biggest revolt in modern history
Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast
Posts 1 to 10 of 31

My post count is Majestic

Default If MPs stop Brexit, Middle England could stage its biggest revolt in modern history

Forget yellow vests, think mass civil disobedience and thoroughly British peaceful protesting

Is Britain on the brink of nasty civil conflict? One doesn’t need a particularly keen nose to detect in the air the clenched scent of a storm coming. Parliament is working in contempt of the people by trying to wreck plans for a no-deal Brexit, grisly videos of activists ganging up on MPs are ricocheting on social media, and yellow-vest protests are flaring from Somerset to Central London.

But the idea, entertained by an increasing number of Remainers – and threatened by irresponsible Leavers, too – that we knuckle-dragging Brexiteers will plunge the country into France-style riots is nonsense. No smashed...

If MPs stop Brexit, Middle England could stage its biggest revolt in modern history

I live on CUK

Quote Originally Posted by AtW View Post
    Forget yellow vests, think mass civil disobedience and thoroughly British peaceful protesting

Is Britain on the brink of nasty civil conflict? One doesn’t need a particularly keen nose to detect in the air the clenched scent of a storm coming. Parliament is working in contempt of the people by trying to wreck plans for a no-deal Brexit, grisly videos of activists ganging up on MPs are ricocheting on social media, and yellow-vest protests are flaring from Somerset to Central London.

But the idea, entertained by an increasing number of Remainers – and threatened by irresponsible Leavers, too – that we knuckle-dragging Brexiteers will plunge the country into France-style riots is nonsense. No smashed...

If MPs stop Brexit, Middle England could stage its biggest revolt in modern history
    The answer is to have a second referendum, with a specific question around the withdrawal agreement. Then the electorate gets behind the outcome.

The BNP / EDL wing of the Brexiteers may kick off, but the gammon wing will limit themselves to shouting on radio phone-ins.
    Quote Originally Posted by Bean
    I admit that I'm a lazy lying cretin, but so what?
    25 June 2018

Contractor Among Contractors

I would have thought that if we left, especially without a deal, then the chances of mass civil disturbance following the economic meltdown would be far greater and more worrying than if we remain, or leave with a deal.

I live on CUK

Quote Originally Posted by chopper View Post
    I would have thought that if we left, especially without a deal, then the chances of mass civil disturbance following the economic meltdown would be far greater and more worrying than if we remain, or leave with a deal.
    The people will be kept too busy with overtime in the jam tea and biscuit factories.
    Quote Originally Posted by Bean
    I admit that I'm a lazy lying cretin, but so what?
    25 June 2018

Contractor Among Contractors

Quote Originally Posted by Old Greg View Post
    The people will be kept too busy with overtime in the jam tea and biscuit factories.
    Out out on trawlers catching fish.

King of updation

Quote Originally Posted by chopper View Post
    Out out on trawlers catching unicorns.
    FTFY
    On Desolation Boulevard, they'd light the faded lights.....

Godlike

Quote Originally Posted by AtW View Post

If you mean a mass outbreak of tutting, you might have a point...
    Respect for MPs (low as it is) will diminish to virtually nothing though, and the next PM who proposes a referendum on any subject will be laughed at.
    His heart is in the right place - shame we can't say the same about his brain...

My post count is Majestic

don't worry there won't be any remainers to oppose it they are all expats avoiding UK tax and demanding a say.
    "If you didn't do anything that wasn't good for you it would be a very dull life. What are you gonna do? Everything that is pleasant in life is dangerous."

I want to see the hand of history on his collar.

More fingers than teeth

Quote Originally Posted by vetran View Post
    don't worry there won't be any remainers to oppose it they are all expats avoiding UK tax and demanding a say.
    Explain to us how expats are avoiding UK tax?
    Brexit is having a wee in the middle of the room at a house party because nobody is talking to you, and then complaining about the smell.

Respect my authoritah!

Quote Originally Posted by vetran View Post
    I've been out of the country for more than 15 years. I have no say.

Quote Originally Posted by darmstadt View Post
    Explain to us how expats are avoiding UK tax?
    The same way that vetran is an avoider of Uruguay tax.
    <-2 5m->