• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

The Leave Alliance view of WTO

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Whorty View Post
    What I can't fathom out is why, going into the ref, Norway (ETFA EEA) was being touted as an option, but once the ref had been run that option seemed to just be dismissed by Davis and co.
    Because. They. Lied.

They sold EEA as an option before the referendum to secure votes, and then dismissed it afterwards and started pedalling the no-deal idea instead. No Deal was never on the cards before the referendum. Maybot only introduced "No Deal" in that fateful Lancaster House speed in January 2017.

By "No Deal is better than a Bad Deal", she never meant the withdrawal agreement. That would always have been an 'as things are until the future state is sorted'. She wanted to negotiate the future trade relationship in parallel with the withdrawal agreement. The EU said "non, nein" to that though. May was on the back foot and went and lost her parliamentary majority and swung from incompetent mess to incompetent mess until we ended up with the Withdrawal Agreement we have today - the result of all of her red lines.

And here we are. "No Deal" would be the most undemocratic outcome of Brexit. We would have allowed a minority far right faction (which on its own has no majority in parliament) to set the agenda. May is a complete fool.
    Taking a break from contracting

Comment

Originally posted by chopper View Post
      Because. They. Lied.

They sold EEA as an option before the referendum to secure votes, and then dismissed it afterwards and started pedalling the no-deal idea instead. No Deal was never on the cards before the referendum. Maybot only introduced "No Deal" in that fateful Lancaster House speed in January 2017.

By "No Deal is better than a Bad Deal", she never meant the withdrawal agreement. That would always have been an 'as things are until the future state is sorted'. She wanted to negotiate the future trade relationship in parallel with the withdrawal agreement. The EU said "non, nein" to that though. May was on the back foot and went and lost her parliamentary majority and swung from incompetent mess to incompetent mess until we ended up with the Withdrawal Agreement we have today - the result of all of her red lines.

And here we are. "No Deal" would be the most undemocratic outcome of Brexit. We would have allowed a minority far right faction (which on its own has no majority in parliament) to set the agenda. May is a complete fool.
      Yes, the leave side lied, or at least the extreme right of that (including the scumbag ERG), but what I don't get is that parliament is mostly remain/moderate leave MPs, so why haven't they been pushing for EFTA/EEA? Even now when it's all getting to crisis point, it's still not being pushed.

Remain MPs are still hoping for a second ref saving the whole sorry mess, but this is just not going to happen. They'll not get a 2nd ref, and even if they did, just seeing the imbecilic posts of leavers on here who just haven't got the intelligence to see how bad brexit will be for the UK, it's unlikely that remain will win. Remainers should be working with the moderates to help us leave in the least destructive way. Instead, remainers, moderate leavers and the idiot Corbyn are all fighting each other for their own little piece of power. In the meantime we're stumbling towards chaos.

Our parliament is an embarrassment.
      I am what I drink, and I'm a bitter man

Comment

EFTA nor the EEA will take us. There's nothing in it for them, particularly.
        Down with racism. Long live miscegenation!

Comment

Originally posted by NotAllThere View Post
          They won't take us whilst the Tories are being led (from the sidelines) by the ERG and Euro haters, but if a moderate government was in and EFTA/EEA thought we actually wanted to join for the long term then they would. Problem is, some want to use them as a stepping stone to 'something better', and that's why they don't want us today.

Our politicians and money men really are making a great job of alienating us from the rest of the world.
          I am what I drink, and I'm a bitter man

Comment

Originally posted by NotAllThere View Post
            Confidence and supply agreement, perhaps? For a good price of £350 mln per week, plus the usual EU fees.

Comment

Originally posted by chopper View Post
              "No Deal" would be the most undemocratic outcome of Brexit.
              No Deal without doubt would be the most democratic outcome of the Brexit Referendum. That's what the majority voted for. BRINO, Norway etc are all about remaining to a degree aligned with the EU. The level of benefits to EU trading directly relate to the level of constraint and control. I don't believe any Brexiteers voted for continuing interference from the EU.

The Democratic process is rejecting No Deal because it is stupid not because it wasn't the will of the people.
              "Don't part with your illusions; when they are gone you may still exist, but you have ceased to live" Mark Twain

Comment

Originally posted by Cirrus View Post
                No Deal without doubt would be the most democratic outcome of the Brexit Referendum. That's what the majority voted for. BRINO, Norway etc are all about remaining to a degree aligned with the EU. The level of benefits to EU trading directly relate to the level of constraint and control. I don't believe any Brexiteers voted for continuing interference from the EU.

The Democratic process is rejecting No Deal because it is stupid not because it wasn't the will of the people.
                Very good.

Comment

I see the flypaper of stupidity is still grouping the gormless together in the "safe-space" sub-forum.

Honestly, the logic displayed on here by the ever-more-desperate Bremainiac division is truly comical.

It is like a vehicle driven by a moronic dwarf in which you can choose to either peek over the dashboard OR work the pedals, but never able to achieve both disciplines simultaneously.

Keep on keeping on though, I am sure your delusional waffling saves some of you from expensive therapy.

“The period of the disintegration of the European Union has begun. And the first vessel to have departed is Britain”

Comment

What kind of vehicle are you driving, Sarg?

Comment

Originally posted by AtW View Post
                      What kind of vehicle are you driving, Sarg?

Originally posted by stonehenge View Post
                      So, the politicians advocating this either haven't got a clue or are disaster capitalists. Marvelous.
                      Some of the proposed solutions have been put forward by McKinsey consultants and the like. So not only have a clue but very expensive as well.
                      Down with racism. Long live miscegenation!

Comment

Working...
                      X