• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Anyone here prepping?

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I'm a fat g*t and therefore no prepping needed. I have my own personal stores.[emoji1787]

Sent from my SM-G955F using Contractor UK Forum mobile app

Comment

Originally posted by d000hg View Post
      People stockpiling are idiots. Maybe you might struggle to get a toblerone or the right kind of kale, but shops are not going to run out of food, etc.
      Probably so...

And to be honest no one really needs to eat Kale do they...

The Strange Mystery Of Who Made Kale Famous ... And Why - mindbodygreen

Comment

Originally posted by original PM View Post
        Did you get that picture off my Facebook page?
        I am what I drink, and I'm a bitter man

Comment

Originally posted by OwlHoot View Post
          But remember peeps, seriously, the first rule of prepping is that you tell no one who knows exactly where you live that you are prepping!
          Nah, you let people know you're prepping and when they turn up .... well, no one will miss a few thieving scrotes, and they do say human flesh tastes like pork
          I am what I drink, and I'm a bitter man

Comment

Originally posted by DoctorStrangelove
            Wot?

No shotgun shells & baked beans?
            Plenty of dried beans, but yes a few dozen tins of baked beans would be handy provided they last two or three years without corroding the insides of the tins.

No firearms as yet, but am toying with the idea of kitting myself out with a few bows. I think there's some guy in Devon who makes longbows.

And some of those radios better have valves in case there's an EMP.
            Hmm, mine is a fairly up-to-date model, but being fairly compact is maybe resistant to EMP. Not sure I can say the same about the antenna cable though
            Last edited by OwlHoot; 15 January 2019, 16:24.
            Work in the public sector? Read the IR35 FAQ here

Comment

Originally posted by Yorkie62 View Post
              I'm a fat g*t and therefore no prepping needed. I have my own personal stores. [emoji1787]
              Only if you scoff enough Vitamin B12 pills.

Without that your body can't burn the fat (nor do several other useful things such as healing wounds or making red blood cells), and you can die of starvation while still as fat as a beached whale!

Comment

Joking aside - I wish I could, my Chemotherapy drugs are made in the EU & the UK does not hold stockpiles of them as they are horribly expensive & fairly niche.

Not a lot I can do about it other than wait & see what happens.
                Growing old is mandatory
                Growing up is optional

Comment

Why are people 'prepping' because according to the main Leave campaigners, everything is going to be ticketty boo, or were they lying?
                  Brexit is having a wee in the middle of the room at a house party because nobody is talking to you, and then complaining about the smell.

Comment

Originally posted by darmstadt View Post
                    Why are people 'prepping' because according to the main Leave campaigners, everything is going to be ticketty boo, or were they lying?
                    It isn't just about Brexit. The Chinese are getting pretty uppity and pushy, and claim to have hypersonic cruise missiles and all kinds of gizmos the West can't counter.

Then there's Iran and North Korea, among others. So there's every chance that sooner or later everything will go tits up or, in prepper jargon, the SHTF!

Comment

Originally posted by OwlHoot View Post
                      It isn't just about Brexit. The Chinese are getting pretty uppity and pushy, and claim to have hypersonic cruise missiles and all kinds of gizmos the West can't counter.

Then there's Iran and North Korea, among others. So there's every chance that sooner or later everything will go tits up or, in prepper jargon, the SHTF!
                      Better get over to Amazon then: https://www.amazon.com/Electro-Defle.../dp/B01I497JAM

Brexit is having a wee in the middle of the room at a house party because nobody is talking to you, and then complaining about the smell.

Comment

Working...
                      X