• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Vote - how will the market react

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Brexit Britain = Poundland Switzerland with more racism

"Never argue with stupid people, they will drag you down to their level and beat you with experience". Mark Twain

Comment

Originally posted by Old Greg View Post
      Good to see you've sat down on the cretin side of the argument. Again.
      Even better to see that you don't dispute my conclusions.

“The period of the disintegration of the European Union has begun. And the first vessel to have departed is Britain”

Comment

Originally posted by shaunbhoy View Post
        How long have you got?

Best to just ignore OG. Most veteran posters do.

He is a melting pot of bitter insecurities merged with a redneck banality that can only be trumped for irrelevance by halfwits like Nat and Whorty.

The sort of man you would use as a blueprint if tasked to design an idiot.

You love me really Sarg, just admit it You're like one of those girls in the playground that pretends not to like the school hunk (that would be me, by the way) so you resort to name calling, only to blush and go weak at the knees when I saunter past. Can't say I blame you though, even though I say so myself
        I am what I drink, and I'm a bitter man

Comment

Originally posted by scooterscot View Post
          Brexit Britain = Poundland Switzerland with more racism

haha, there's someone else been reading the comments on BBC HYS Cracks me up on there, some of the tripe brexiters post. Makes some of our CUK cretins seem almost CSE grade 3 level
          I am what I drink, and I'm a bitter man

Comment

Originally posted by helen7 View Post
            Assuming May losing the vote today is largely priced in; but how will the markets react if somehow she wins?

Will the pound go up or down?
            Originally posted by Old Greg View Post
            Up, due to more certainty. But as you say, it won't happen.
            Originally posted by Yorkie62 View Post
            How does May losing the vote deliver more certainty?

If she loses, we may leave with no deal - some tell us that this scenario delivers massive uncertainty

If she loses, she could do a Cammeron - uncertainty over who is to be the next leader and what direction they will take us in

If she loses, labour will table a vote of no confidence and if they win that we have a general election on our hands and the prospect of a Labour, or more likely, another hung parliament. Yet more uncertainty.

I just does see the scenario that delivers more certainty if she loses.
            Even better to see that you don't dispute my conclusions.

See if you can work it out for Yorkie.

Comment

Originally posted by Whorty View Post
              haha, there's someone else been reading the comments on BBC HYS Cracks me up on there, some of the tripe brexiters post. Makes some of our CUK cretins seem almost CSE grade 3 level
              Ich auch - HYS plugged into every Whetherspoons me thinks.
              "Never argue with stupid people, they will drag you down to their level and beat you with experience". Mark Twain

Comment

Currency traders (many of whom are Brexiters) pushing the pound:

Brexit is having a wee in the middle of the room at a house party because nobody is talking to you, and then complaining about the smell.

Comment

Originally posted by BlasterBates View Post
                  The pound will move up if the deal is voted through if not probably will not move.

Comment

Originally posted by jamesbrown View Post
                    Indeed. He couldn't have BEEN more wrong without logging in as darmy!!

“The period of the disintegration of the European Union has begun. And the first vessel to have departed is Britain”

Comment

Indeed. He couldn't have BEEN more wrong without logging in as darmy!!

Poor chap. I think he went long oil in 2014.

Logging in as darmy on scooty's laptop?

Comment

Working...
                      X