• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Is the Eu heading for recession?

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Is the Eu heading for recession?

Recession fears grow as eurozone factories stumble and China's exports fall - as it happened | Business | The Guardian

Storm clouds darken as Europe and China falter: Germany hit by recession fear | Daily Mail Online

German manufacturing contracts as fears of recession mount

Seems like everyones running the same story

Could be. Try googling 'Is the world heading for recession'.

A hard Brexit would be just the job to save the UK from a global turndown.

Comment

Originally posted by Yorkie62 View Post
      Seems like everyones running the same story
      The same story being that China sneezes and the rest of us catch a cold.

Comment

What the Brexiteers need to ask themselves is what do they mean by "trading with the rest of the world" instead of the EU, the rest of the world is essentially China and US.

Trump is shoving up trade barriers and the UK exports very little to China and doesn't really produce anything they want.
        I'm alright Jack

Comment

Originally posted by BlasterBates View Post
          the UK exports very little to China and doesn't really produce anything they want.
          One Brexiter argued that Britain exports Crabs to China(!).

So lets shut down the banks and focus all our energy on catching crabs.
          Taking a break from contracting

Comment

The economy is like a garden. Sometimes it is summer. Sometimes it is winter.

And yes I did get that from a film......

Comment

Originally posted by GreenMirror View Post
              The economy is like a garden. Sometimes it is summer. Sometimes it is winter.

And yes I did get that from a film......
              Britain has a well documented inability to handle winter.
              Taking a break from contracting

Comment

Originally posted by chopper View Post
                Britain has a well documented inability to handle winter.
                Britain has the foresight to not spend loads of money on things which may only be needed once a decade...

Comment

Originally posted by original PM View Post
                  Britain has the foresight to not spend loads of money on things which may only be needed once a decade...
                  Had the foresight... but nowadays it seems to be needed every winter.
                  Down with racism. Long live miscegenation!

Comment

Originally posted by NotAllThere View Post
                    Had the foresight... but nowadays it seems to be needed every winter.
                    Not this one in the majority of the country... so far!

Supposed to get colder and colder towards end of the month

Although colder and colder seemed to imply it may get to about 3 or 4

eee back in my day cold meant cold - none of your positive figures

scrape the ice of the inside of the window, had to break the ice on the loo to do a turd

but kids nowadays expect it to be summer all the time I don't know why but i blame the EU.

Comment

Working...
                    X