• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Bremoaner's resignation letter template

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by meridian View Post
    History is for those that are not forward thinking as history students are always looking back.

Sent from my SM-G955F using Contractor UK Forum mobile app

Comment

In case anyone is an ignorant cretin, the GCSE replaced the separate O level and CSE qualifications. Typically, the reason people did GCSEs rather than O levels is because they are younger.

Comment

Originally posted by Old Greg View Post
        In case anyone is an ignorant cretin, the GCSE replaced the separate O level and CSE qualifications. Typically, the reason people did GCSEs rather than O levels is because they are younger.
        and it's far easier to get a GCSE than an O'level. I was at the turnaround so did a mix of Os and 16+. 16+ being the predecessor for GCSEs.

They changed it from 16+ as they were considered too hard as thickies couldn't scrape an O level on the multiple guess papers.
        See You Next Tuesday

Comment

Originally posted by Lance View Post
          and it's far easier to get a GCSE than an O'level. I was at the turnaround so did a mix of Os and 16+. 16+ being the predecessor for GCSEs.

They changed it from 16+ as they were considered too hard as thickies couldn't scrape an O level on the multiple guess papers.
          You are the same age as me. I don't remember 16+ in England. I did some O levels early and then GCSEs at 16 and an AO.

Comment

Originally posted by Old Greg View Post
            You are the same age as me. I don't remember 16+ in England. I did some O levels early and then GCSEs at 16 and an AO.
            not sure if all the matriculation boards did 16+
            It was 1986

It was a trial. They were piss easy.
            You did papers 1 & 2 to get a CSE grade, and paper 3 for an O' level grade

AO on the other hand was hard as nails. I did maths in that and learned LOADS
            See You Next Tuesday

Comment

Originally posted by Lance View Post
              not sure if all the matriculation boards did 16+
              It was 1986

It was a trial. They were piss easy.
              You did papers 1 & 2 to get a CSE grade, and paper 3 for an O' level grade

AO on the other hand was hard as nails. I did maths in that and learned LOADS
              Ah yes. I do remember in 1987 a combined O level / CSE exam.

Comment

Working...
              X