• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Corbyn proposes a second referendum

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by shaunbhoy View Post
    British Government to British People (2016) : Would you like Cheese or Ham?

British People (2016) : Ham please!

People's Vote (2019) : And what sort of Cheese would you prefer?

Spoke like a true Catering Corps man!

Comment

We had this conversation in the pub last night.

And even the remainers agreed that a second brexit vote would return a a win for Brexit by a higher %age than the last one.

And the simple reason is that the comportment of the politicians over the last few years has been an absolute disgrace - they have really shown their true colours and that has pissed an awful lot of people off.

Comment

Originally posted by original PM View Post
        We had this conversation in the pub last night.

And even the remainers agreed that a second brexit vote would return a a win for Brexit by a higher %age than the last one.

And the simple reason is that the comportment of the politicians over the last few years has been an absolute disgrace - they have really shown their true colours and that has pissed an awful lot of people off.
        If there is a 2nd ref, it shouldn't be the same question as 2016 (in or out). By now we should know what 'out' looks like so if there is a 2nd ref it should be ...

Do you want to leave the EU with the agreed deal or/

Do you want to remain in the EU

In 2016 we were offered unicorns and Narnia and what people voted for was a vision of 'out' that was not available. Now we know what is on offer the 2nd ref should be that.

I know Brexiters don't want these options as they know that staying in is better than any deal will ever be and they will lose, but surely that would be the whole point of a 2nd ref, to get the public a final say? If Brexiters aren't convinced by the final deal then doesn't that tell you that staying in is better than leaving?

Come on boys, let's have some bedwetting, you lost suck it up blah blah blah comments now. Attack me rather than try to sell your vision of brexit

I am what I drink, and I'm a bitter man

Comment

Originally posted by Whorty View Post
          By now we should know what 'out' looks like so if there is a 2nd ref it should be ...
          I agree but the trouble is, we don't know what 'out' looks like.

Even if May's WA had been passed by the HoC, we still wouldn't have known what 'out' looked like until the end of the negotiations on the future relationship.

In order to put it to the people, in a 2nd ref, there first needs to be a majority in Parliament for some version of 'out'. If such a majority existed then, arguably, there'd be no need for another ref.

Comment

If there is a 2nd ref, it shouldn't be the same question as 2016 (in or out). By now we should know what 'out' looks like so if there is a 2nd ref it should be ...

Do you want to leave the EU with the agreed deal or/

Do you want to remain in the EU

In 2016 we were offered unicorns and Narnia and what people voted for was a vision of 'out' that was not available. Now we know what is on offer the 2nd ref should be that.

I know Brexiters don't want these options as they know that staying in is better than any deal will ever be and they will lose, but surely that would be the whole point of a 2nd ref, to get the public a final say? If Brexiters aren't convinced by the final deal then doesn't that tell you that staying in is better than leaving?

Come on boys, let's have some bedwetting, you lost suck it up blah blah blah comments now. Attack me rather than try to sell your vision of brexit

Amazing
            You start by saying a 2nd ref should pose the same question as last time, i.e. IN/OUT and then proceed to provide two options for a 2nd Ref IN/OUT
            Your post make no sense. I'm not against the public having a say on they type of Brexit.

1. Do you want to leave under the current agreed deal
            2. No deal

Simples

Comment

Originally posted by stonehenge View Post
              I agree but the trouble is, we don't know what 'out' looks like.

Even if May's WA had been passed by the HoC, we still wouldn't have known what 'out' looked like until the end of the negotiations on the future relationship.

In order to put it to the people, in a 2nd ref, there first needs to be a majority in Parliament for some version of 'out'. If such a majority existed then, arguably, there'd be no need for another ref.
              Yep, completely agree. Nothing should be put back to the people unless parliament has a majority supporting a specific deal. 2nd ref with be 2025 then

Comment

Originally posted by Yorkie62 View Post
                Amazing
                You start by saying a 2nd ref should pose the same question as last time, i.e. IN/OUT and then proceed to provide two options for a 2nd Ref IN/OUT
                Your post make no sense. I'm not against the public having a say on they type of Brexit.

2. No deal

Simples
                No i didn't. Read it again. I said it shouldn't pose the same question as last time. In brackets, (in/out), was merely showing what the question was last time you moron.

Did you read the ref questions before you voted in 2016? Did you understand the question?

No deal isn't an option, or at least, it is but then that would be the 'deal' agreed by parliament. If 'no deal' is what parliament agree then it should also show the plan of how that no deal is managed ... that is the transition period. So, same options ....

1) Do you want the managed no deal (and this should include all the truths about the impact of that to the UK) or/

2) remain
                Last edited by Whorty; 18 January 2019, 11:32.

Comment

Originally posted by Yorkie62 View Post
                  Amazing

2. No deal

Simples
                  The two options he provided for a 2nd ref are not the same two that were in the first.

Can you see now how you've failed to comprehend the post?

Comment

Latest You Gov poll shows a 12% lead for remain

be afraid, be very afraid

I'm alright Jack

Comment

But you are still asking the same question do people want to leave or not. All you have done is rephrased the same question. That is asking the same question.
                      No i didn't. Read it again. I said it shouldn't pose the same question as last time. In brackets, (in/out), was merely showing what the question was last time you moron.

Did you read the ref questions before you voted in 2016? Did you understand the question?
                      Sent from my SM-G955F using Contractor UK Forum mobile app

Comment

Working...
                      X