• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

What position do you think we'll be in on March 29?

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

What position do you think we'll be in on March 29?

I think I've covered most bases.
    Leaving with a deal passed by Parliament
    5.88%
    Leaving with "no deal"
    41.18%
    Revoking A50 and staying in the EU
    0.00%
    Extending A50 for further negotiation
    29.41%
    Extending A50 because of renegotiation by new Govt
    5.88%
    Extending A50 for 2nd ref
    17.65%
    I know what position I'll be in - missionary with AndyW on top
    0.00%

Mucho can kicking yet.

Comment

Morning, afternoon, or evening?

Comment

Will be interesting to see how they extend A50 as European elections will take place in May and they take up their seats a few weeks later.
        If A50 is extended beyond May the UK may have to organise quickly European elections. Nigel will be happy as his source of income will be secured

Comment

Originally posted by Eirikur View Post
          Will be interesting to see how they extend A50 as European elections will take place in May and they take up their seats a few weeks later.
          If A50 is extended beyond May the UK may have to organise quickly European elections. Nigel will be happy as his source of income will be secured
          Only if he gets back in.

If it does go all the way to EP elections, the election battle of UKIP vs pro-Remain candidates could be a proxy for a second referendum anyway.

Comment

I expect to spend some of 29th March 2019 in a tuck, sometimes referred to as “The Oeuf”. I’ll also be eating fresh Italian pasta and drinking Italian wines and cocktails.
            …Maybe we ain’t that young anymore

Comment

The fetal position?
              Originally posted by Stevie Wonder Boy
              I can't see any way to do it can you please advise?

I want my account deleted and all of my information removed, I want to invoke my right to be forgotten.

Comment

Originally posted by meridian View Post
                Only if he gets back in.

If it does go all the way to EP elections, the election battle of UKIP vs pro-Remain candidates could be a proxy for a second referendum anyway.
                Thanks to PR he'll be perfectly safe (should he choose to stand). He now has a lucrative media career to fall back on, so the MEP salary and generous expense account will be a bonus, and that's assuming he'll stand as a candidate anyway. He's actually left UKIP, in case you weren't paying attention, so the likelihood of him being re-elected as a UKIP MEP is fairly close to zero. There might be a new Party formed, however, which does genuinely think they can organise a pissup in a brewery, so you never know...
                His heart is in the right place - shame we can't say the same about his brain...

Comment

Originally posted by SimonMac View Post
                  The fetal position?
                  Hog tied.

Comment

I don’t necessarily disagree, however:

Originally posted by Mordac View Post
                    Thanks to PR he'll be perfectly safe
                    He's actually left UKIP, in case you weren't paying attention, so the likelihood of him being re-elected as a UKIP MEP is fairly close to zero.
                    These two statements are mutually incompatible.

Comment

Working...
                    X