• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

MP Attempts to subvert the will of parliamnet, colludes with foreign power.

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Brexit voters and supporters are far right wing haters, cheats and bigots. They are killing this country with their Sick twisted rose tinted views. First the lies and miss information leading up to the vote, the mess in parliament, giving buddies preferential treatment on contracts, obstructing democratic processes which they want or the reason they voted to leave and colluding with the same eu countries that want to depart from against the British people.

Comment

Originally posted by Yorkie62 View Post
      No as I understand it it is totally within the EU gift to extend A50. UK parliament can request an extension but the EU is the only organisation with the power to extend the A50 deadline. To do so the EU must unanimously agree amongst the 27 members to do so. Any one of the 27 can veto the extension.

Sent from my SM-G955F using Contractor UK Forum mobile app
      And Mr Kawczynski has just, very publicly, asked the Polish Government to do exactly that regardless of what the other 26 agree.
      "Being nice costs nothing and sometimes gets you extra bacon" - Pondlife.

Comment

Originally posted by DaveB View Post
        And Mr Kawczynski has just, very publicly, asked the Polish Government to do exactly that regardless of what the other 26 agree.
        If you say so. It's call politics. It's a game individuals get to play when selected via a voting system. So long as Mr Kawczynski isn't doing anything illegal like blackmailing the Polish Goverment into doing what he wants there is nothing anyone can do about it. Get over it. Move on. It's something over which you have no control.

Comment

There is no subversion going on. Unless you are of the opinion that Politics is subversive. Now that could be an interesting topic for discussion.

Comment

There is no subversion going on. Unless you are of the opinion that Politics is subversive. Now that could be an interesting topic for discussion.

Well indeed - it opens a whole can of worms - but I guess ultimately the question will boil down to whether you want more or less politicians having influence over you.

Do not know of anyone wanting more.. oh wait except for those other lot

Comment

Originally posted by DaveB View Post
              I thought Brexit was about democracy, taking back control and regaining parliamentary sovereignty, not asking other countries to interfear in our democratic processes and block the will of that parliament?
              The will of parliament is to stay. The will of the people is to leave.

Comment

Originally posted by original PM View Post
                Well indeed - it opens a whole can of worms - but I guess ultimately the question will boil down to whether you want more or less politicians having influence over you.

Do not know of anyone wanting more.. oh wait except for those other lot

What I finding interesting is that most labour party members want to remain. Most labour voters want to leave.

Comment

Originally posted by GreenMirror View Post
                  What I finding interesting is that most labour party members want to remain. Most labour voters want to leave.
                  Is that true?

Comment

Originally posted by greenmirror View Post
                    the will of parliament is to stay. The will of the people in 2016, based on misinformation, was to leave. Recent polls show that this may not be the case anymore hence the swivel eyed panic and threats now from the extreme right.
                    ftfy hth

:d
                    I am what I drink, and I'm a bitter man

Comment

No as I understand it it is totally within the EU gift to extend A50. UK parliament can request an extension but the EU is the only organisation with the power to extend the A50 deadline. To do so the EU must unanimously agree amongst the 27 members to do so. Any one of the 27 can veto the extension.

Why spout these lies?

It is no more in the EU gift to extend A50 without the UK's consent as it is the UK to extend without the EU consent. Both parties have to agree to the extension for it to happen. This ensures we keep control of leaving the EU and they can't stop unilaterally stop brexit (which is what you want, so what are you whinging about?).

If however we decide we need to extend A50 to avoid a cliff edge we have to ask the EU to agree.

This is no different from the EU seeing the cliff edge coming, and also wanting to avoid it and they need to ask us to agree to an extension A50.

This is quite simple ... do you not understand this?

OK, let me put this in contractor terms. You have a 6 month contract. You're coming to the end of the 6 months. You'd like to extend ... but you can only do this if the client agrees. Oh, but there is also the reverse of this, the client wants you to extend so they have to ask you if you will agree to extend.

Neither you or the client can extend the contract without the agreement of the other party. Neither has power over the other to force an extension. No different to A50.

Only difference is that, with A50 the UK can rescind whether the EU likes it or not. The EU has no power to rescind A50. So in many ways, we have more control and power than they do. But, this doesn't fit your narrative does it?
                      I am what I drink, and I'm a bitter man

Comment

Working...
                      X