The UK is sooooo doomed The UK is sooooo doomed
Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast
Posts 1 to 10 of 44
  1. #1

    I live on CUK

    scooterscot's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2005
    Location
    Anywhere that is not broken Brexit Britain
    Posts
    20,963

    Default The UK is sooooo doomed

    Just saying.

    Reading the papers this side of the channel there's complete befuddlement over what the UK is trying to accomplish. It is clear the damage, whatever the outcome of the process, has now been done. It'll take years for the UK to recover.
    "Never argue with stupid people, they will drag you down to their level and beat you with experience". Mark Twain

  2. #2

    Double Godlike!

    original PM's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Location
    Cheshire
    Posts
    12,780

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by scooterscot View Post
    Just saying.

    Reading the papers this side of the channel there's complete befuddlement over what the UK is trying to accomplish. It is clear the damage, whatever the outcome of the process, has now been done. It'll take years for the UK to recover.
    To TO | meaning in the Cambridge English Dictionary

    leave LEAVE | meaning in the Cambridge English Dictionary

    the THE | meaning in the Cambridge English Dictionary

    EU the EU | meaning in the Cambridge English Dictionary

    Maybe look up the words see if you can work out what we are trying to accomplish.


  3. #3

    Respect my authoritah!

    NotAllThere's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2007
    Location
    Far away from HMRC
    Posts
    22,526

    Default

    On the subject of meanings, perhaps I can explain what scooterscot wrote. He missed out key words, so I do understand your misunderstanding.

    "Reading the papers this side of the channel there's complete befuddlement over what the UK is trying to accomplish by leaving the EU".

    HTH
    <-2 5m->

  4. #4

    Double Godlike!

    original PM's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Location
    Cheshire
    Posts
    12,780

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by NotAllThere View Post
    On the subject of meanings, perhaps I can explain what scooterscot wrote. He missed out key words, so I do understand your misunderstanding.

    "Reading the papers this side of the channel there's complete befuddlement over what the UK is trying to accomplish by leaving the EU".

    HTH
    What were we trying to accomplish by staying in the EU?

  5. #5

    Double Godlike!


    Join Date
    Sep 2014
    Location
    Work-life balance nirvana
    Posts
    11,437

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by original PM View Post
    What were we trying to accomplish by staying in the EU?
    To be blindly assimilated into the EUSSR and be subjugated by bureaucracy rather than war?
    To cede the sovereign power which our forefathers fought for in the previous century?
    To gradually lose our identity while bailing out poorly run countries in some grand socialist gesture?
    To conduct trade in a friendly way with countries that have always hated us?
    The greatest trick the devil ever pulled was convincing the world that he didn't exist

  6. #6

    More fingers than teeth

    BlasterBates's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Location
    1922 Commitee
    Posts
    14,521

    Default

    Listening to LBC it seems that "Leavers" are becoming hysterical.

    It's all the "Remoaners" fault.

    I'm alright Jack

  7. #7

    Double Godlike!

    original PM's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Location
    Cheshire
    Posts
    12,780

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by BlasterBates View Post
    Listening to LBC it seems that "Leavers" are becoming hysterical.

    It's all the "Remoaners" fault.

    Well if they would just do their job and keep their forking noses out then Leavers would not be able to say that would they.


  8. #8

    Contractor Among Contractors

    Cirrus's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2015
    Location
    Rural Rutland
    Posts
    1,277

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by original PM View Post
    Maybe look up the words see if you can work out what we are trying to accomplish.
    That might be what you and a bunch of other idiots think they want but that's not what the UK wants.


    All along - going back decades - the trouble makers/self deluders have wanted freedom from the EU but also to absolutely stay in and benefit from all the advantages of being part of a powerful and prestigious, trade, political and humanitarian bloc. Even to this minute, the majority of MPs and citizens want their cake and eat it in some way. Only a minority (although sadly hugely bigger than its should be) wants to take all the hassle of being cast adrift without the prospect of a single concrete benefit; just stupid ideologies about freedom, Ye Olde Britannia, extreme capitalism etc.

    If we could say we are exiting the EU then everyone could understand the situation (even if it is both ridiculous and impossible in the timescales available). But 'we' keep on carrying on with the nonsense of wanting to act like Europeans even after we've said we've gone. People keep criticising the EU countries but I really don't see what more they can say or do given this endless obsession with an illogical dream.

    Europe is watching the train running away whilst the driver and fireman just wrestle on the footplate, arguing over demarcation. All history and prestige is just draining into the gutter.
    "Don't part with your illusions; when they are gone you may still exist, but you have ceased to live" Mark Twain

  9. #9

    Double Godlike!

    original PM's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Location
    Cheshire
    Posts
    12,780

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Cirrus View Post
    That might be what you and a bunch of other idiots think they want but that's not what the UK wants.


    All along - going back decades - the trouble makers/self deluders have wanted freedom from the EU but also to absolutely stay in and benefit from all the advantages of being part of a powerful and prestigious, trade, political and humanitarian bloc. Even to this minute, the majority of MPs and citizens want their cake and eat it in some way. Only a minority (although sadly hugely bigger than its should be) wants to take all the hassle of being cast adrift without the prospect of a single concrete benefit; just stupid ideologies about freedom, Ye Olde Britannia, extreme capitalism etc.

    If we could say we are exiting the EU then everyone could understand the situation (even if it is both ridiculous and impossible in the timescales available). But 'we' keep on carrying on with the nonsense of wanting to act like Europeans even after we've said we've gone. People keep criticising the EU countries but I really don't see what more they can say or do given this endless obsession with an illogical dream.

    Europe is watching the train running away whilst the driver and fireman just wrestle on the footplate, arguing over demarcation. All history and prestige is just draining into the gutter.
    Money money money - that is what post boils down to - you think you may be slightly out of pocket and you are getting flustered.

    Money is not the god of many many people and we are more than happy to laugh at those people who cannot shake off that yoke.

    As for humanitarian n***** please

    Gilets jaunes protests enter ninth weekend | World news | The Guardian

    The number of casualties in Catalonia has risen dramatically to more than 750 | JOE is the voice of Irish people at home and abroad

    They will happily kill their own citizens if they do not comply with the directives.

    Did you ever read a book called 1984 by George Orwell? it's very good.

  10. #10

    I live on CUK

    scooterscot's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2005
    Location
    Anywhere that is not broken Brexit Britain
    Posts
    20,963

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by NotAllThere View Post

    "Reading the papers this side of the channel there's complete befuddlement over what the UK is trying to accomplish by leaving the EU".
    Ja, I can read too. However I judge people by their actions, anything else is meaningless. And that's the point. The actions of the Uk do not merit what is written. Not even close.
    "Never argue with stupid people, they will drag you down to their level and beat you with experience". Mark Twain

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •