• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Govt Remainers Move to Kill No Deal Brexit

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by BlasterBates View Post
    Delaying article 50 is the first step. That is pretty close, and yes the EU has said it will agree to a 3 month extension, as the new parliament won't have convened.

The EU would be very stupid to do that. And they are not stupid.

The UK will cancel A50. Parliament is unfit to govern the UK.

Maybe French can export some of their yellow vests? How did the UK ever defeat the French in a war?

Comment

Originally posted by meridian View Post
      It's not the only way to take No Deal off the table.

The other way is to approve May's Withdrawal Agreement.
      Originally posted by Yorkie62 View Post
      Very true. So are you saying that those politicians that want to take no deal off the table actually want to support May's deal?
      That wasn't the question. "please explain how no deal can be taken off the table" was the question.
      The only way to get no deal off the table is to have a deal. The only deal we have currently is May's deal. Therefore those that want no deal off the table must support May's deal.

Comment

The only way to get no deal off the table is to have a deal.
        Incorrect. Firstly the term "no deal" needs to be defined. Do you mean "Hard Brexit" or do you mean "No Brexit". Both of those constitute "no deal". If you take "Hard Brexit" off the table, which is what most people mean by "No deal", then you're left with "A deal" or "No Brexit", both on the table, unless you consider "No Brexit" to be a deal.

The only deal we have currently is May's deal.
        Correct. Unless you consider "No Brexit" to be a deal

Therefore those that want no deal off the table must support May's deal.
        Incorrect. Take "Hard Brexit" off the table and you've got May's original deal, Mays second deal and No Brexit still there to choose from.
        …Maybe we ain’t that young anymore

Comment

Originally posted by WTFH View Post
          Incorrect. Firstly the term "no deal" needs to be defined. Do you mean "Hard Brexit" or do you mean "No Brexit". Both of those constitute "no deal". If you take "Hard Brexit" off the table, which is what most people mean by "No deal", then you're left with "A deal" or "No Brexit", both on the table, unless you consider "No Brexit" to be a deal.

Correct. Unless you consider "No Brexit" to be a deal

Incorrect. Take "Hard Brexit" off the table and you've got May's original deal, Mays second deal and No Brexit still there to choose from.
          Unfortunately you yourself are incorrect.

No deal is simply the default if we reach March 29th with no agreed deal with the EU , ratified by UK Parliament. No deal is very mush defined and enshrined in both UK and EU law, i.e. A50.

What is this Hard Brexit of which you speak? Calling Hard Brexit something other than No Deal implies that it is something different to that of the Default case on March 29th. No Deal is exactly what it say on the can - NO DEAL.

No Brexit requires the UK Parliament/Government (depending who you think is I charge at the moment) to rescind A50 and thereby going against not only the will of the people, but also what both major parties stood for in the 2017 general election.
          Last edited by Yorkie62; 25 January 2019, 09:54.

Comment

It's not the only way to take No Deal off the table.

The other way is to approve May's Withdrawal Agreement.
            Or by an act of parliament to prevent leaving with no deal.

Comment

Unfortunately you yourself are incorrect.

No deal is simply the default if we reach March 29th with no agreed deal with the EU , ratified by UK Parliament. No deal is very mush defined and enshrined in both UK and EU law, i.e. A50.

What is this Hard Brexit of which you speak? Calling Hard Brexit something other than No Deal implies that it is something different to that of the Default case on March 29th. No Deal is exactly what it say on the can - NO DEAL.
              So, if you say that revoking article 50 is not "No Deal", then it proves you are incorrect as there are still at least two options on the table if "No Deal" is taken off - either we reach a deal or we revoke article 50.

I notice you have now edited your post to add on an extra bit, namely:
              No Brexit requires the UK Parliament/Government (depending who you think is I charge at the moment) to recind A50 and thereby going against not only the will of the people, but also what both major parties stood for in the 2017 general election.
              So, again you admit that no Brexit is an option, just one you don't like. Just because you don't like it, and you don't understand how the UK parliament works, doesn't mean it doesn't exist or can't happen.

Comment

Originally posted by WTFH View Post
                So, if you say that revoking article 50 is not "No Deal", then it proves you are incorrect as there are still at least two options on the table if "No Deal" is taken off - either we reach a deal or we revoke article 50.
                Where exactly did I say that?

NO DEAL is the default if we reach 29th March with no agree deal with the EU that has bee ratified by the UK Parliament. i.e. we leave with no agreed deal.

No I have tried to restrict my explanation to words of one syllable (except where I had to use two) to help you understand

Comment

The only way to get no deal off the table is to have a deal. The only deal we have currently is May's deal. Therefore those that want no deal off the table must support May's deal.
                  It is possible to need to vote for something, without supporting it. Lesser of the two evils, if you will. I'm not pretending to know what is in the heart of every politician. HTH.

Comment

NO DEAL is the default if we reach 29th March with no agree deal with the EU that has bee ratified by the UK Parliament. i.e. we leave with no agreed deal.

No I have tried to restrict my explanation to words of one syllable (except where I had to use two) to help you understand
                    You can't count. No surprise there.

Comment

So why are you saying the only option is to accept May's deal, when you've already admitted that there is also the option to revoke article 50?

You've really confused yourself again.

Comment

Working...
                      X