• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Govt Remainers Move to Kill No Deal Brexit

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Old Greg View Post
    You forgot about withdrawal of A50. Keep up.
    I haven't I'm just arguing the specific point.

Withdrawal of A50 has other political ramifications. I saw today that some Mps who currently support this may be preselected by their constituentcy at the next GE

Sent from my SM-G955F using Contractor UK Forum mobile app

Comment

Originally posted by Yorkie62 View Post
      I see you conveniently forgot the bit

The Treaties shall cease to apply to the State in question from the date of entry into force of the withdrawal agreement or, failing that, two years after the notification referred to in paragraph 2, unless the European Council, in agreement with the Member State concerned, unanimously decides to extend this period.

The treaties shall cease to apply...

On March 29th unless there is a deal or the can is kicked down the road ( A50 is extended) The treaties shall cease to apply...we leave with NO DEAL.
      You're confusing the Withdrawal Agreement with the future relationship.

Even with a Withdrawal Agreement signed and ratified, the treaties would have ceased to apply. The only reason they would continue for the UK is because the UK have specifically asked as part of the Withdrawal Agreement for the treaties to continue to apply during a transition period.

It is perfectly possible for there to be a Withdrawal Agreement signed and ratified where all treaties cease to apply, because that is the default position according to A50.

Your attempted point about No Deal being "enshrined" in A50 is still nonsense.

Comment

The only way to get no deal off the table is to have a deal. The only deal we have currently is May's deal. Therefore those that want no deal off the table must support May's deal.
        I haven't I'm just arguing the specific point.

Withdrawal of A50 has other political ramifications. I saw today that some Mps who currently support this may be preselected by their constituentcy at the next GE

But this is not what you were saying in the top post I quoted.

Do you understand now how you got it all wrong?

Comment

Ah so the truth is finally out. It is what amount to a subversive attempt to go against not only the will of the people, but also what both major political parties stood for during the 2017 referendum. One might even describe it as an attempt to overthrow democracy.
          Cancelling Brexit would have the beneficial effect that disillusioned Brexiteers will no longer be motivated to vote in future elections and referendums leaving the rest of us to run things properly.

I'm alright Jack

Comment

Originally posted by BlasterBates View Post
            Cancelling Brexit would have the beneficial effect that disillusioned Brexiteers will no longer be motivated to vote in future elections and referendums leaving the rest of us to run things properly.

On the other hand we could rise up and revolt, overthrow parliament round up remain voters into remainer camps and commence the rise of the 5th riech.

Comment

On the other hand we could rise up and revolt, overthrow parliament round up remain voters into remainer camps and commence the rise of the 5th riech.

.....or more likely end up in a Jail 3 to a cell

For angry Brexiteers here is some good advice:

Advice for first time prisoners

One of the best tips is to always remember to flush the toilet immediately to reduce the stench for your fellow inmate.

Last edited by BlasterBates; 25 January 2019, 12:12.
              I'm alright Jack

Comment

A sensible Remain administration would pacify the snowflakes by leaning on the BBC to schedule a rerun of Love Thy Neighbour.

Comment

Originally posted by BlasterBates View Post
                  .....or more likely end up in a Jail 3 to a cell

For angry Brexiteers here is some good advice:

Advice for first time prisoners

One of the best tips is to always remember to flush the toilet immediately to reduce the stench for your fellow inmate.

You are obviously well informed in these matters. Anything you'd care to share?

Comment

A sensible Remain administration would pacify the snowflakes by leaning on the BBC to schedule a rerun of Love Thy Neighbour.
                    And "til death us do part"

Comment

But this is not what you were saying in the top post I quoted.

Do you understand now how you got it all wrong?
                      Well?

Comment

Working...
                      X