• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Managing Complex Chnage

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

My undergarments are getting damp

Originally posted by BlasterBates View Post
    Imagine a project where you replace a modern cloud solution with a 1960's IBM mainframe
    Ah... the Good Old Days
    "Don't part with your illusions; when they are gone you may still exist, but you have ceased to live" Mark Twain

Comment

Originally posted by Yorkie62 View Post
      Ok maybe I made a poor choice of words.

The vision was A Britain free from the oppressive shackles of the EU.
      There aren't any oppressive shackles.
      The EU oppressive trading restrictions that restrict Britain from forming its own trading relations with its colonies.
      Nope - none of them either.

Seems like the "vision" was inspired by a combination of LSD (for the total unreality) and cannabis (for the paranoia).
      Down with racism. Long live miscegenation!

Comment

Originally posted by Yorkie62 View Post
        The vision was to leave the EU

The skills are those of the politicans, on both sides, that have provided us with the Brexit deal that is currently before parliament.

You are massively over thinking this
        Well, that's more than you and the other brexiters are here are doing
        I am what I drink, and I'm a bitter man

Comment

Originally posted by BlasterBates View Post
          Imagine a project where you replace a modern cloud solution with a 1960's IBM mainframe and you have to sit in meetings to agree what you functions you throw out.
          Taking back control of our hardware
          I am what I drink, and I'm a bitter man

Comment

Talk Dirty to Me

Originally posted by Whorty View Post
            Taking back control of our hardware
            OMG... I think I'm falling in love
            "Don't part with your illusions; when they are gone you may still exist, but you have ceased to live" Mark Twain

Comment

Working...
            X