• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Que será, será

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Old Greg View Post
    They should have put that on the side of a bus.
    Couldn't stand that bus or the whole campaign and I think many people felt the same.

There were shambolic representations from both sides. Principally I believe we should leave the EU because it is failing, we are leaving a sinking ship and all we can do is not go down along with it.

Endless riots in France, Fascists in Italy and Germany in a fake left/right coalition with the AfD as the second largest party? Real interest rates at -0.4% and still sinking into recession.

It's over.

Comment

Originally posted by TwoWolves View Post
      Couldn't stand that bus or the whole campaign and I think many people felt the same.

There were shambolic representations from both sides. Principally I believe we should leave the EU because it is failing, we are leaving a sinking ship and all we can do is not go down along with it.

Endless riots in France, Fascists in Italy and Germany in a fake left/right coalition with the AfD as the second largest party? Real interest rates at -0.4% and still sinking into recession.

It's over.
      Project Fear.

Comment

Originally posted by TwoWolves View Post

It's over.
        Indeed we should hook ourselves to the US which doesn't even have a functioning government and about declare a state of emergency.
        I'm alright Jack

Comment

Originally posted by BlasterBates View Post
          Indeed we should hook ourselves to the US which doesn't even have a functioning government and about declare a state of emergency.
          The Zimbabwean dollar is starting to look good as well

Sent from my SM-A320FL using Contractor UK Forum mobile app

Comment

Originally posted by Old Greg View Post
            Project Fear.
            At least this project fear is actually happening so we'll know what to expect!

Originally posted by BlasterBates View Post
            Ours isn't doing a lot of functioning either, is it? Really?

Comment

'Calais have already said that they would wave transports through to the U.K. side, so exports from the EU (including relevant documentation and immigration searches) are not their problem. Imports are another matter.'

Yes but they are not going to get very far if they cannot get off the boat are they?

If they embargo our trade - we embargo theirs

Which actually means everyone loses out - and so what you are suggesting simply will not happen.

Even if it does we can just send it via gibraltar into the med and then on the shores of Greece and Italy - seems that's a pretty easy route into Europe these days anyway

Comment

Originally posted by original PM View Post
                'Calais have already said that they would wave transports through to the U.K. side, so exports from the EU (including relevant documentation and immigration searches) are not their problem. Imports are another matter.'

Yes but they are not going to get very far if they cannot get off the boat are they?
                No, they are not. Perhaps the UK should have thought about that? It's in the Preparedness notices issued by the Government.

Which actually means everyone loses out - and so what you are suggesting simply will not happen.
                There's no embargo, simply the application of international law. The UK is introducing friction into it's supply chains.

Get over it, this is what you voted for.

Comment

:Sigh:

So we best keep the same laws for the next 100, 200, 400 years?

Or maybe seeing as these are not physical laws but actually man made laws then they can be changed/updated to take into account the changing nature of the world.

Well that could happen but I guess we know why those in the EU will be dead set against it.

Comment

:Sigh:

So we best keep the same laws for the next 100, 200, 400 years?

Or maybe seeing as these are not physical laws but actually man made laws then they can be changed/updated to take into account the changing nature of the world.

Well that could happen but I guess we know why those in the EU will be dead set against it.

Laws can and will be changed over the course of time.

But not because of your exceptionalism.

You have a hard time accepting that other people are not going to change just to suit you.

Comment

Even if it does we can just send it via gibraltar into the med and then on the shores of Greece and Italy - seems that's a pretty easy route into Europe these days anyway

Would you see much of a challenge in substituting that from the Dover / Calais route?

Comment

Working...
                      X