• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Barclays shifts billions of pounds to Dublin because of Brexit

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by shaunbhoy View Post
    Whaddya know? Maybe Barclays ARE a charity after all? The only other explanation is that you are talking out of your arse again.

The important bit is in bold. These are new jobs.

I've thought about it. Barclays are NOT in fact a charity. You really ARE as stupid as your comments suggest.

Quoted for posterity.

Comment

From a reputable Brexit supporting newspaper (I'm lying about the reputable bit)

Between 150 and 200 jobs will be created in Dublin as a result of the move which the bank said would be a combination of new jobs and those moving from the UK.
      Some banking news outlet:

Kevin Wall, the CEO of Barclays’ Irish unit has told members of the U.K. Treasury Select Committee that these new roles are going to be over and above the 150 current U.K. jobs, which are likely to shift to Dublin, post Brexit.
      Brexit is having a wee in the middle of the room at a house party because nobody is talking to you, and then complaining about the smell.

Comment

Originally posted by darmstadt View Post
        From a reputable Brexit supporting newspaper (I'm lying about the reputable bit)

Some banking news outlet:
        Treasonous lies! Final victory is in sight!

Comment

And still there are uneducated brexidiots who believe that transfering £166B out of the country does not impact the economy of the UK in any way, because it says in the article not many jobs are at risk

Comment

Originally posted by Eirikur View Post
            And still there are uneducated brexidiots who believe that transfering £166B out of the country does not impact the economy of the UK in any way, because it says in the article not many jobs are at risk
            It's a good job you weren't in charge of the Dunkirk evacuation.

Comment

Originally posted by Old Greg View Post
              It's a good job you weren't in charge of the Dunkirk evacuation.
              The high point of British cowardice

Comment

The food trade seems to be getting hit more than the financial area, bacon and booze, two of the Brexiters favourites:

Oddbins prepares to appoint administrators - BBC News

Pork processor to cut hundreds of jobs
                Brexit is having a wee in the middle of the room at a house party because nobody is talking to you, and then complaining about the smell.

Comment

Originally posted by Eirikur View Post
                  I don't know what you're talking about, don't you know Sargent Spud is an international business guru? Once he's sorted out the pharma industry, the car industry and the food industry he'll move on to Barclays and the financial sector to explain how all these industries are wrong and they need to listen to him.

I mean. it's simply pathetic how every industry and sector in the UK, except Dyson and 'Spoonies, can get it so wrong. They're all just not trying hard enough!

Anyone heard of a single sector, not an individual company like 'Spoonies with a vested interest, but a whole sector, that has said anything positive about the impact of brexit on their sector? Even the mighty fishing industry, which brexit is supposed to help, doesn't seem to like what brexit will deliver
                  I am what I drink, and I'm a bitter man

Comment

Originally posted by Whorty View Post
                    I don't know what you're talking about, don't you know Sargent Spud is an international business guru? Once he's sorted out the pharma industry, the car industry and the food industry he'll move on to Barclays and the financial sector to explain how all these industries are wrong and they need to listen to him.

I mean. it's simply pathetic how every industry and sector in the UK, except Dyson and 'Spoonies, can get it so wrong. They're all just not trying hard enough!

Anyone heard of a single sector, not an individual company like 'Spoonies with a vested interest, but a whole sector, that has said anything positive about the impact of brexit on their sector? Even the mighty fishing industry, which brexit is supposed to help, doesn't seem to like what brexit will deliver
                    Coincidentally, I've received the WetherspoonNews through the mailbox today, delivered with all the other junk mail. A 46-page magazine of which around half of it is page after page of Brexit.

Comment

Working...
                    X