• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Which country is more dysfunctional in 2019 : USA or UK?

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Old Greg View Post
    The EU doesn't have the power to interfere in the Catalonia question. Personally I think an independence referendum should take place. But I also think it is none of the EU's business.
    The EU does have power to interfere in a states business.

Comment

Originally posted by woohoo View Post
      Do you want to expand more on how that power is derived, and why it doesn't apply to Catalonia?

Comment

On the question of independence of a part of that member state?

Comment

So does the WTO.
          I'm alright Jack

Comment

Originally posted by BlasterBates View Post
            So does the WTO.
            And the ECHR.

Comment

In what way is the UK in a bad way? Seriously, this doom and depressive attitude some of you have is totally unjustified. The UK is doing pretty darn well.
              This - not sure why people think the UK is doing badly

In addition what is actually the problem in the US?

It seems to me that people are projecting their dislike for certain people onto a larger backdrop of the country being screwed.

Comment

On the question of independence of a part of that member state?
                These are the same people that demand that "the EU" interfere in Catalonia, but would piss themselves with apoplexy if "the EU" dared to suggest that Scotland should have a referendum.

Comment

Originally posted by original PM View Post
                  This - not sure why people think the UK is doing badly

In addition what is actually the problem in the US?

It seems to me that people are projecting their dislike for certain people onto a larger backdrop of the country being screwed.
                  Start with one point about the UK: nobody knows what the trade rules will be between the UK and the EU in two months' time.

Comment

Start with one point about the UK: nobody knows what the trade rules will be between the UK and the EU in two months' time.
                    It will be figured out because business/finance control governments, at least in the western world. It's just a hurdle to be overcome. It doesn't alter the economics of a country with a sound basis in services and high tech engineering etc.

This does not mean the UK is in a mess, it's just a hurdle to jump and it will be.

Comment

It will be figured out because business/finance control governments, at least in the western world. It's just a hurdle to be overcome. It doesn't alter the economics of a country with a sound basis in services and high tech engineering etc.

This does not mean the UK is in a mess, it's just a hurdle to jump and it will be.
                      Try telling that to the US farmers whose Soya Beans are rotting the fields because the US can't overcome its hurdle

You will see Trump cave to the Chinese in the next few weeks having achieved virtually nothing.

You will also see the UK cave as it tries to overcome the "hurdle" after a no deal.

I'm alright Jack

Comment

Working...
                      X