• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

This guy gets it

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

This guy gets it

“Retired firefighter Vincent O’Neill, 55, was one of those who voted to leave. He says he now regrets his decision. His fears are about the knock-on effect on the hundreds of local businesses that rely on Nissan. “It isn’t just Nissan, it’s all the jobs in the area. As soon as one big company leaves, the rest will follow. They will all fall like dominoes,” he says.

He adds: “It’s all to do with Brexit. The firms don’t want to have to pay the tariffs for imports.

“If I had known then what I know now I wouldn’t have voted that way. All the promises that were made have not come true. I think a lot of people in Sunderland latched on to the ‘they’ve come to take our jobs’ argument. It would be a lot easier if we didn’t leave now.”

‘It isn't just Nissan, it’s all the jobs’: how the carmaker's U-turn hit Sunderland | Business | The Guardian

Originally posted by AtW View Post
    “Retired firefighter Vincent O’Neill, 55, was one of those who voted to leave. He says he now regrets his decision. His fears are about the knock-on effect on the hundreds of local businesses that rely on Nissan. “It isn’t just Nissan, it’s all the jobs in the area. As soon as one big company leaves, the rest will follow. They will all fall like dominoes,” he says.

He adds: “It’s all to do with Brexit. The firms don’t want to have to pay the tariffs for imports.

“If I had known then what I know now I wouldn’t have voted that way. All the promises that were made have not come true. I think a lot of people in Sunderland latched on to the ‘they’ve come to take our jobs’ argument. It would be a lot easier if we didn’t leave now.”

‘It isn't just Nissan, it’s all the jobs’: how the carmaker's U-turn hit Sunderland | Business | The Guardian
    A production manager told James O'Brien LBC radio , that he doesn't regret voting leave as he has a German passport.

Sent from my SM-A320FL using Contractor UK Forum mobile app

Comment

Originally posted by Brussels Slumdog View Post
      A production manager told James O'Brien LBC radio , that he doesn't regret voting leave as he has a German passport.
      That it should come to this..............vague and obscure anecdotes to try and prop up a failed bankrupt narrative.

“The period of the disintegration of the European Union has begun. And the first vessel to have departed is Britain”

Comment

I've changed my mind.

Vince has dun it for me.

Comment

"was one of those"

Comment

Working...
          X