• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

using a uk ltd to fund an eu27 ltd venture

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

using a uk ltd to fund an eu27 ltd venture

Hi all

There's a good chance I'll be forced to move to one of the EU27 countries post brexit due to my mum being here as a family member of an EEA national but likely not long enough to meet the settled status. As such I'm making plans to move business-ey stuff to the EU as much as possible so that moving life-ey stuff is less painful.
    I have about £50k in my uk LTD that I'd like to use to fund an EU27 ltd to buy an investment property, ideally without turning it into dividends and paying tax first. I would also like to do something similar for an EU27 consulting ltd but that needs a lot less money so I could fund with a directors loan, i'm less bothered about that one, it's the property one I'm really hoping to fund directly from my uk consulting ltd.

So my questions. What is the most tax efficient (and of course totally tax legal, this is not a tax dodge, it's a brexit dodge) way to fund a new eu27 ltd property investment co from a uk consulting ltd? Is that even possible? I'm up for anything, redomiciling my uk ltd, an EU27 holding and waiting 2 years to pay dividends without withholding tax, whatever.
    My Estonian e-residency will be with me in the next 2 weeks or so, is that the best way to open an EU27 company? I'm a Dutch citizen so maybe there's other better options?

Two words

Darren Upton
    I was an IPSE Consultative Council Member, until the BoD abolished it. I am not an IPSE Member, since they have no longer have any relevance to me, as an IT Contractor. Read my lips...I recommend QDOS for ALL your Insurance requirements (Contact me for a referral code).

Comment

Originally posted by tommyvn View Post
      Hi all

There's a good chance I'll be forced to move to one of the EU27 countries post brexit due to my mum being here as a family member of an EEA national but likely not long enough to meet the settled status. As such I'm making plans to move business-ey stuff to the EU as much as possible so that moving life-ey stuff is less painful.
      I have about £50k in my uk LTD that I'd like to use to fund an EU27 ltd to buy an investment property, ideally without turning it into dividends and paying tax first. I would also like to do something similar for an EU27 consulting ltd but that needs a lot less money so I could fund with a directors loan, i'm less bothered about that one, it's the property one I'm really hoping to fund directly from my uk consulting ltd.

So my questions. What is the most tax efficient (and of course totally tax legal, this is not a tax dodge, it's a brexit dodge) way to fund a new eu27 ltd property investment co from a uk consulting ltd? Is that even possible? I'm up for anything, redomiciling my uk ltd, an EU27 holding and waiting 2 years to pay dividends without withholding tax, whatever.
      My Estonian e-residency will be with me in the next 2 weeks or so, is that the best way to open an EU27 company? I'm a Dutch citizen so maybe there's other better options?
      You'd be better off posting that question in the Accounting section, you'll get more serious answers there and perhaps an accountant or two.

Comment

Absolutely go to Accounting section. This is a sub-forum for smug metropolitan elitists who want to mock thick Leavers.

Comment

haha I should have read the fine print on the brexit forum "Have an opinion on the UK and EU? Feel free to waste your day in here". I came for the financial advice, stayed for the day wasting.

Comment

An EU27 ltd WTF IS THAT?

Comment

it's like an eu28 ltd but in 2 months time

Originally posted by Eirikur View Post
              An EU27 ltd WTF IS THAT?

Comment

"for the definition of recursion, see recursion": https://www.contractoruk.com/forums/...ml#post2620455

Originally posted by meridian View Post
                You'd be better off posting that question in the Accounting section, you'll get more serious answers there and perhaps an accountant or two.

Comment

Working...
                X