• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

First Brexit Dividend!

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

First Brexit Dividend!

Nissan £61m in doubt after investment U-turn

Nissan GBP61m in doubt after investment U-turn - BBC News

That's like £1 per UK resident, and it's just a start!!!

Plenty of Brexit opportunities out there.

CAREERS 2019: Brexit to create an opportunity for some sectors

Comment

Nissan Brexit jobs jibe: Bridgend councillor apologises - BBC News

Nice olive branch by this jolly conciliatory Bremoaner..............not.

“The period of the disintegration of the European Union has begun. And the first vessel to have departed is Britain”

Comment

Originally posted by shaunbhoy View Post

Who cares what the Project Fearmongers say. Britannia Unchained will boom post Brexit.

Comment

Brexit is very much a side issue in respect of what is happening in the car industry right now. It's all about Diesel and the failure of the car industry to respond and react or lobby to oil industry to produce biodiesel instead of oil based diesel.

I remember a time when you could run a diesel engine car on cooking oil and produce no harmful emissions, but the oil companies didn't like that because it meant they couldn't sell their oil so instead they convinced government and the automotive industry to go down the route of ever more complicated diesel engines which can no longer use biodiesel fuels.

The truth with respect to the Diesel engine need to be reported. The problem is not with the Diesel engine but with the diesel fuel and therefore with the oil companies. If we go back to a simpler diesel engine and start producing and selling biodiesel then jobs a good'un. Unfortunately the oil companies also own the retail outlets for automotive fuel and are therefore unlikely to want to sell a competitors product.

Comment

Originally posted by Yorkie62 View Post
            Brexit is very much a side issue in respect of what is happening in the car industry right now. It's all about Diesel and the failure of the car industry to respond and react or lobby to oil industry to produce biodiesel instead of oil based diesel.

I remember a time when you could run a diesel engine car on cooking oil and produce no harmful emissions, but the oil companies didn't like that because it meant they couldn't sell their oil so instead they convinced government and the automotive industry to go down the route of ever more complicated diesel engines which can no longer use biodiesel fuels.

The truth with respect to the Diesel engine need to be reported. The problem is not with the Diesel engine but with the diesel fuel and therefore with the oil companies. If we go back to a simpler diesel engine and start producing and selling biodiesel then jobs a good'un. Unfortunately the oil companies also own the retail outlets for automotive fuel and are therefore unlikely to want to sell a competitors product.
            You’ll believe anything, as long as it’s not fact based.

The X-trail Hybrid - Nissan’s latest model. The one they are wanting to push sales of. It’s not got a Diesel engine in it.

Nissan currently manufacture the Leaf in the UK. No Diesel engine there.

In fact, while Nissan produces internal combustion engines in Sunderland, it hasn’t made a Diesel engine there for quite some time.
            …Maybe we ain’t that young anymore

Comment

Originally posted by WTFH View Post

The X-trail Hybrid - Nissan’s latest model. The one they are wanting to push sales of. It’s not got a Diesel engine in it.

In fact, while Nissan produces internal combustion engines in Sunderland, it hasn’t made a Diesel engine there for quite some time.
              That just shows exactly how deep the EUSSR conspiracy runs.

Comment

Originally posted by shaunbhoy View Post

Well yes of course - someone had a different opinion than he did so they must be punished.

Because he is mommies special soldier.

Also what the fook does this mean

'Apologising for his comments, Councillor White said: "I wouldn't wish losing a job on anyone in real life, and I shouldn't have done it online.'

Where else can you lose a job but in real life?

Bellend.

Comment

Originally posted by WTFH View Post

Have you gone into a car showroom recently. I bet the salesman will happily sell you a car/SUV/Crossover whatever you want with any form of drivetrain they have, including diesels. I recently got a good deal on my new Cupra Ateca, £7k off plus 3 years free servicing. Not because it's petrol engined but because it Cupras first car under their own branding and not a sub brand of SEAT. I could have quite easily had a SEAT Ateca Exclucive lux diesel for a fee k less. But I admit I was swayed by an SUV that can beat a Porsche Macan.

Sent from my SM-G955F using Contractor UK Forum mobile app

Comment

Looks like we're reaching the point where Brexit bites on the economy and the Brexit cretins respond by whining about the Remeanies. It wasn't the Remeanies who screwed things up, folks.

Comment

Working...
                    X