• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

No people like that on this forum

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

No people like that on this forum

Parliament voted to get a Brexit deal done now. So let’s make it happen | Caroline Flint | Opinion | The Guardian

"Too many people paint Brexit as a national disaster, a calamity, the end of all that is good. Others paint life after Brexit as nirvana; Britain great again; nothing but good times; the world to gain.

Both are delusional positions."

Originally posted by stonehenge View Post
    Parliament voted to get a Brexit deal done now. So let’s make it happen | Caroline Flint | Opinion | The Guardian

"Too many people paint Brexit as a national disaster, a calamity, the end of all that is good. Others paint life after Brexit as nirvana; Britain great again; nothing but good times; the world to gain.

Indeed the reality is the Uk will continue pretty much as it has but just not as part of the EU.

Comment

I'm sad we're leaving. Believe we'll be worse off for it. But I've accepted it's pretty much inevitable.

I'd rather we left with a deal though.

I expect May's WA will eventually squeak through and, to me, that's better than crashing out.

Comment

Originally posted by original PM View Post
        Indeed the reality is the Uk will continue pretty much as it has but just not as part of the EU.
        A "vassal state" is the term you're looking for.

It will be a permanent humiliation on lower pay and higher prices in the shops, due to the fact that the UK will be economically disadvantaged.

I'm alright Jack

Comment

I'm sad we're leaving. Believe we'll be worse off for it. But I've accepted it's pretty much inevitable.

I'd rather we left with a deal though.

I expect May's WA will eventually squeak through and, to me, that's better than crashing out.
          Crashing out indeed. The preferred term is 'clean break', with all the Minfordian opportunities to transition from a legacy manufacturing based economy to being a marketing and finance power house.

Comment

Originally posted by original PM View Post
            Indeed. Slightly poorer and a faster rate of decline, but otherwise not much will be noticeable. After the first year anyway.
            Down with racism. Long live miscegenation!

Comment

Originally posted by NotAllThere View Post
              Indeed. Slightly poorer and a faster rate of decline, but otherwise not much will be noticeable. After the first year anyway.
              Jeesh, what nonsense. I'm glad people like you are not the wealth creators in our economy. I'm glad there are people that have a bit more to them with a desire to succeed.

Comment

Originally posted by NotAllThere View Post
                A faster rate of decline

Ok so what we stay in Europe and we decline completely by 2100?

But we brexit and we decline by 2050?

Where do we decline to? are we all going to be living in caves 50 years earlier because we left the EU? are we all going to starve? to die? to become slaves?

What? what are we declining so rapidly into?

Comment

Typical MP in Westminster bubble.Shows why the UK should stay in the EU and be run by Brussels.

Parliament voted to trigger A50. And the default was either a deal agreed or no deal. The EU have offered a deal. What makes her think the EU will re-negotiate?

There is no time for a referendum. And EU have to agree to delay A50.

So the choices are no deal. May deal. Or stay in the EU.

Whatever happens now he UK will be split.

And when you talk about Britain being Great again, remember that the vast majority of its citizens lived in abject poverty.

Comment

Heh: The Three Day Week wasn't that Bad

Cashing out indeed.

Ted Heath said the only hope we had was to join the Common Market and now look at us - on a par with France and Italy. It'll be tough from now on but we've had a good innings.
                    "Don't part with your illusions; when they are gone you may still exist, but you have ceased to live" Mark Twain

Comment

Working...
                    X