• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

If there was a 2nd ref ....

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by GJABS View Post
    One of the reasons Britain has been successful since the English Civil War over 200 years ago is because 100% of the decisions taken by the electorate have been carried out.
    Successful?? What planet have you been living on Jabby.

We've been at death's door for the past century, a lap dog to the Americans because of the huge amount we constantly owed them or needed from them because the country was frequently on the verge of bankruptcy.

We performed well during the War but were otherwise going down hill well before that, and faired even worse afterwards.

Things turned a bit better when Maggie Thatcher arrived (although she carried out a lot of destruction of the heart and soul of the UK in the process). The real start of an upward trend however was what Ted Heath did...

… took us into Europe
    "Don't part with your illusions; when they are gone you may still exist, but you have ceased to live" Mark Twain

Comment

Originally posted by Cirrus View Post
      Successful?? What planet have you been living on Jabby.

We've been at death's door for the past century, a lap dog to the Americans because of the huge amount we constantly owed them or needed from them because the country was frequently on the verge of bankruptcy.

We performed well during the War but were otherwise going down hill well before that, and faired even worse afterwards.

Things turned a bit better when Maggie Thatcher arrived (although she carried out a lot of destruction of the heart and soul of the UK in the process). The real start of an upward trend however was what Ted Heath did...

… took us into Europe
      What nonsense. You see it's people with your attitude that gravitate to the EU. You feel safer. You are like the teenager that doesnt want to leave his parents house. Lucky for our country we have people that want to get out into the wild world and do things.

Comment

Originally posted by Whorty View Post

Really? Wow. 100%? So when we vote in a GE for a party's manifesto this manifesto is delivered 100%?
        In a general election the voters don't vote for a manifesto, they vote for which candidate will become their MP to go into the House of Commons to represent them, and in 100% of cases that has happened. If the MP fails to carry out what they said they would do in their manifesto, it is not a failure of the democratic process, it is a failure of the electorate to choose someone with honesty and integrity - a different problem.

Comment

Originally posted by GJABS View Post
          In a general election the voters don't vote for a manifesto, they vote for which candidate will become their MP to go into the House of Commons to represent them, and in 100% of cases that has happened. If the MP fails to carry out what they said they would do in their manifesto, it is not a failure of the democratic process, it is a failure of the electorate to choose someone with honesty and integrity - a different problem.
          Absolute tosh.

Most voters haven't got a clue who their MP is. People vote for the party first and foremost.

I bet you could walk down most high streets and ask people who they voted for in the last election. They will give you the party name not their MP.

You are naive at best if you think otherwise fella
          I am what I drink, and I'm a bitter man

Comment

Originally posted by Whorty View Post

Most voters haven't got a clue who their MP is.
            Only complete idiots make sweeping statements. Good to see that you are not bucking that trend.

“The period of the disintegration of the European Union has begun. And the first vessel to have departed is Britain”

Comment

Come back Ted Heath. Where are you when your country needs you?

Originally posted by woohoo View Post
              Lucky for our country we have people that want to get out into the wild world and do things.
              Yeh- same old bulltulip. What wild things, exactly, superhero Woosy are you going to do that you have so miserably failed to do under the shackles of the EU Mafia??

(Normal rules apply: any single tangible concrete example will do. We don't need to ask for more because we know you self-deluded day dreamers can't even think of one)
              "Don't part with your illusions; when they are gone you may still exist, but you have ceased to live" Mark Twain

Comment

Originally posted by Cirrus View Post
                Yeh- same old bulltulip. What wild things, exactly, superhero Woosy are you going to do that you have so miserably failed to do under the shackles of the EU Mafia??

(Normal rules apply: any single tangible concrete example will do. We don't need to ask for more because we know you self-deluded day dreamers can't even think of one)
                Rules, rules and more rules. You are definitely a child of the EU. I imagine you need a directive from Eu before you pea.

Comment

Rules, rules and more rules. You are definitely a child of the EU. I imagine you need a directive from Eu before you pea.
                  It’s a good thing the U.K. is reducing that red tape after Brexit.

Oh wait, they’re not.

Brexit means … red tape – POLITICO

Comment

Originally posted by shaunbhoy View Post
                    Only complete idiots make sweeping statements. Good to see that you are not bucking that trend.

Let's hope you're not too thick to see the irony in your sweeping statement eh, Sarg

Comment

Great deflecting. Can't answer the question so accuse the poster of something. Too obvious though fella. Must try harder

Comment

Working...
                      X