• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

If there was a 2nd ref ....

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

If there was a 2nd ref ....

Polls definitely suggest Remain would win, and the support for remain is only getting stronger. Yet, we hear the same old narrative from the same old idiots, that the people have spoken. Well, the people HAD spoken, but it seems they're now changing their mind

No wonder Brexiters are panicking

The EU and Brexit – Britain Elects
    I am what I drink, and I'm a bitter man

They also say that the polls were the same in 2016. Not true, I remember it was always touch and go and a week before the referendum having a conversation where we all reckoned Leave were going to clinch it.

Personally I'm enjoying Brexit so much I don't want to see a second referendum.

I'm alright Jack

Comment

Originally posted by BlasterBates View Post
      They also say that the polls were the same in 2016. Not true, I remember it was always touch and go and a week before the referendum having a conversation where we all reckoned Leave were going to clinch it.

Only have a 2nd ref if 3 options on the ballot paper

IN
      OUT
      SHAKE IT ALL ABOUT

Comment

I'll miss this forum once brexit is finally over. Been the best entertainment for years. I haven't laughed so much in a long time. Thankfully, the mess that we're seeing at the moment is going to keep dragging on and on, so the fun doesn't seem to be going away just yet

Comment

Most entertaining outcome would be either a long A50 extension or No deal. Another referendum would be fun as well.

Comment

Originally posted by Old Greg View Post
            Most entertaining outcome would be either a long A50 extension or No deal. Another referendum would be fun as well.
            May's WA getting passed, with the backstop, would also be entertaining. Watch the DUP and ERG explode.

Comment

The problems caused to the economy by brexit are not from the prospect of brexit itself, but rather the uncertainty about how it will be delivered. If we have a second referendum we harm democracy a great deal, and cause a great deal of future uncertainty into the future on all subsequent issues decided by referendums, because it will show people that when a referendum is carried out the first time, the result won't necessarily be carried out because a second referendum might be called subsequently, which might change the result. Businesses and people won't be able then to plan their affairs, and uncertainty will be much greater going forward.

One of the reasons Britain has been successful since the English Civil War over 200 years ago is because 100% of the decisions taken by the electorate have been carried out. If this track record is broken then people will invariably turn to methods other than the vote as a way to enforce their legitimate control of the country.

Comment

Originally posted by Old Greg View Post
                No deal or stay in EU would be fine. Its the agony of no decision being extended that worries me.

I want to remain now. Only because the UK government can be trusted even less than the EU. Quite remarkable.

Comment

Originally posted by GJABS View Post
                  The problems caused to the economy by brexit are not from the prospect of brexit itself, but rather the uncertainty about how it will be delivered.

because it will show people that when a referendum is carried out the first time, the result won't necessarily be carried out because a second referendum might be called subsequently,
                  Do you really think any future government will call a ref again? The UK voters are too easily mislead by lies, no PM will trust the voters again.

One of the reasons Britain has been successful since the English Civil War over 200 years ago is because 100% of the decisions taken by the electorate have been carried out.
                  Really? Wow. 100%? So when we vote in a GE for a party's manifesto this manifesto is delivered 100%?

Comment

Originally posted by Whorty View Post
                    Polls definitely suggest Remain would win, and the support for remain is only getting stronger. Yet, we hear the same old narrative from the same old idiots, that the people have spoken. Well, the people HAD spoken, but it seems they're now changing their mind

No wonder Brexiters are panicking

The EU and Brexit – Britain Elects
                    The company that pulls these polls together is no longer trading. Was setup by 3 students. Hardly, inspires you with confidence does it.

Worthless.

Comment

Working...
                    X