Heads up Heads up - Page 3
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
Posts 21 to 28 of 28

Thread: Heads up

  1. #21

    Super poster

    meridian's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2006
    Posts
    4,406

    Default Heads up

    Quote Originally Posted by Yorkie62 View Post
    You are such an a8sehole and a Richard head

    https://www1.essex.ac.uk/journals/es...ol-9-no-14.pdf

    FOOK U
    Easy tiger, I’m just asking you to cite what you are claiming to be a fact.

    You should read both of your links more closely. Both these plus the Wiki links show the clear trail - the U.K. provided cooperation during the wartime development, the US then stiffed the Brits (and Canadians) just after the war by making the tech the US property, and then in the 1950’s the USA offers to sell their nukes to the U.K. as long as the U.K. reconfigured it’s defence.

    In no instance does it show what you claim - that the U.K. ever sold nuclear tech to the USA.

    Which, of course, calls into question the validity of the rest of your post.

  2. #22

    Contractor Among Contractors


    Join Date
    Nov 2015
    Location
    Omnipresent
    Posts
    1,813

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by meridian View Post
    Easy tiger, I’m just asking you to cite what you are claiming to be a fact.

    You should read both of your links more closely. Both these plus the Wiki links show the clear trail - the U.K. provided cooperation during the wartime development, the US then stiffed the Brits (and Canadians) just after the war by making the tech the US property, and then in the 1950’s the USA offers to sell their nukes to the U.K. as long as the U.K. reconfigured it’s defence.

    In no instance does it show what you claim - that the U.K. ever sold nuclear tech to the USA.
    A sale is a sale even if the price is £0.00

  3. #23

    Super poster

    meridian's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2006
    Posts
    4,406

    Default Heads up

    Quote Originally Posted by Yorkie62 View Post
    A sale is a sale even if the price is £0.00
    Only if you get an invoice. They took it. Nice try though.

    A sale of 0 also doesn’t pay off any debt, as you claimed.

  4. #24

    Respect my authoritah!

    NotAllThere's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2007
    Location
    Far away from HMRC
    Posts
    21,226

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by AtW View Post
    What about balaklavas?
    We should annex it back from Russia.


    Quote Originally Posted by Yorkie62 View Post
    A sale is a sale even if the price is £0.00
    I'll bear that in mind when I "buy" your car for £0.00 against your will.
    Boomers tend to believe in “freedom of speech”, which is a fascist concept used to spread hateful ideas.Given that hate speech is not possible without free speech, any defence of free speech is a form of hate speech. - Titania McGrath

  5. #25

    Contractor Among Contractors


    Join Date
    Nov 2015
    Location
    Omnipresent
    Posts
    1,813

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by NotAllThere View Post
    ...


    I'll bear that in mind when I "buy" your car for £0.00 against your will.
    You cannot buy anything from me against me will. By definition a sale/purchase requires offer and acceptance. If it's against my will then either the offer or the acceptance was missing, in which case I'd call it theft.

  6. #26

    Super poster

    meridian's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2006
    Posts
    4,406

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Yorkie62 View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by NotAllThere View Post
    ...


    I'll bear that in mind when I "buy" your car for £0.00 against your will.
    You cannot buy anything from me against me will. By definition a sale/purchase requires offer and acceptance. If it's against my will then either the offer or the acceptance was missing, in which case I'd call it theft.
    What a coincidence, that's exactly how the Americans took the nuclear tech that we (and the Canadians) contributed to - against our will.

  7. #27

    I live on CUK

    Old Greg's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2007
    Location
    The Tombliboo Bush
    Posts
    22,387

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Yorkie62 View Post
    As was the nuclear bomb, which we sold to the Americans after the war to pay our debts for freeing Europe. Something that Europe, particularly France, refused to contribute to despite hoarding their Gold safely away well before Germany invaded.

    Everybody is equal but some are more equal than others.
    Quote Originally Posted by Yorkie62 View Post
    Heads up
    Enough of a citation for you

    Sent from my SM-G955F using Contractor UK Forum mobile app
    Quote Originally Posted by Yorkie62 View Post
    You are such an a8sehole and a Richard head

    https://www1.essex.ac.uk/journals/es...ol-9-no-14.pdf

    FOOK U
    Quote Originally Posted by Yorkie62 View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by NotAllThere View Post
    ...


    I'll bear that in mind when I "buy" your car for £0.00 [B]against your will.
    You cannot buy anything from me against me will. By definition a sale/purchase requires offer and acceptance. If it's against my will then either the offer or the acceptance was missing, in which case I'd call it theft.
    OK. Whose is this one?
    Last edited by Old Greg; 13th February 2019 at 22:58.
    Quote Originally Posted by Bean
    I admit that I'm a lazy lying cretin, but so what?
    25 June 2018

  8. #28

    Respect my authoritah!

    NotAllThere's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2007
    Location
    Far away from HMRC
    Posts
    21,226

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Yorkie62 View Post
    You cannot buy anything from me against me will. By definition a sale/purchase requires offer and acceptance. If it's against my will then either the offer or the acceptance was missing, in which case I'd call it theft.
    Yes, that's really rather the point.
    Boomers tend to believe in “freedom of speech”, which is a fascist concept used to spread hateful ideas.Given that hate speech is not possible without free speech, any defence of free speech is a form of hate speech. - Titania McGrath

Tags for this Thread

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •