• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Heads up

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Heads up

Originally posted by Yorkie62 View Post
    You are such an a8sehole and a Richard head

https://www1.essex.ac.uk/journals/es...ol-9-no-14.pdf

FOOK U
    Easy tiger, I’m just asking you to cite what you are claiming to be a fact.

You should read both of your links more closely. Both these plus the Wiki links show the clear trail - the U.K. provided cooperation during the wartime development, the US then stiffed the Brits (and Canadians) just after the war by making the tech the US property, and then in the 1950’s the USA offers to sell their nukes to the U.K. as long as the U.K. reconfigured it’s defence.

In no instance does it show what you claim - that the U.K. ever sold nuclear tech to the USA.

Which, of course, calls into question the validity of the rest of your post.

Comment

Originally posted by meridian View Post
      Easy tiger, I’m just asking you to cite what you are claiming to be a fact.

You should read both of your links more closely. Both these plus the Wiki links show the clear trail - the U.K. provided cooperation during the wartime development, the US then stiffed the Brits (and Canadians) just after the war by making the tech the US property, and then in the 1950’s the USA offers to sell their nukes to the U.K. as long as the U.K. reconfigured it’s defence.

In no instance does it show what you claim - that the U.K. ever sold nuclear tech to the USA.
      A sale is a sale even if the price is £0.00

Comment

Heads up

Only if you get an invoice. They took it. Nice try though.

A sale of 0 also doesn’t pay off any debt, as you claimed.

Comment

Originally posted by AtW View Post
          What about balaklavas?
          We should annex it back from Russia.

I'll bear that in mind when I "buy" your car for £0.00 against your will.
          Down with racism. Long live miscegenation!

Comment

Originally posted by NotAllThere View Post

You cannot buy anything from me against me will. By definition a sale/purchase requires offer and acceptance. If it's against my will then either the offer or the acceptance was missing, in which case I'd call it theft.

Comment

You cannot buy anything from me against me will. By definition a sale/purchase requires offer and acceptance. If it's against my will then either the offer or the acceptance was missing, in which case I'd call it theft.
              What a coincidence, that's exactly how the Americans took the nuclear tech that we (and the Canadians) contributed to - against our will.

Comment

As was the nuclear bomb, which we sold to the Americans after the war to pay our debts for freeing Europe. Something that Europe, particularly France, refused to contribute to despite hoarding their Gold safely away well before Germany invaded.

Everybody is equal but some are more equal than others.
                [emoji867]
                Enough of a citation for you

Sent from my SM-G955F using Contractor UK Forum mobile app
                You are such an a8sehole and a Richard head

https://www1.essex.ac.uk/journals/es...ol-9-no-14.pdf

FOOK U

I'll bear that in mind when I "buy" your car for £0.00 [B]against your will.
                OK. Whose is this one?
                Last edited by Old Greg; 13 February 2019, 22:58.

Comment

Yes, that's really rather the point.
                  Down with racism. Long live miscegenation!

Comment

Working...
                  X