• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Ford to close all factories in the UK

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Ford to close all factories in the UK

With May's deal on the rocks, Ford will pull out of the UK completely

Ford told UK PM May it is preparing alternative production sites: The Times | Reuters

No fear, the fruit farms will take up the slack.

I'm alright Jack

Major tariffs on cars imported to the UK will be required.

Comment

Bring back the Alegro.
      "A people that elect corrupt politicians, imposters, thieves and traitors are not victims, but accomplices," George Orwell

Comment

It's only 13,000 job losses. They'll easily get other jobs. Embrace the opportunities out there.

Make Britain Great Again
        I am what I drink, and I'm a bitter man

Comment

project fearfake news

Comment

Originally posted by Whorty View Post
            They'll easily get other jobs. Embrace the opportunities out there.
            Plenty of counselling jobs comforting distraught Bremoaners anyway..................and the surge in comfort blanket sales and nappies!!

“The period of the disintegration of the European Union has begun. And the first vessel to have departed is Britain”

Comment

Originally posted by Eirikur View Post
              project fearfake news
              You lost, get over it Will of the people, blah blah blah
              I am what I drink, and I'm a bitter man

Comment

It's cause of diesel engines and oil companies and anyone else who can be blamed apart from those who are actually responsible for voting for this mess and still thinking it's a great idea.
                …Maybe we ain’t that young anymore

Comment

Originally posted by BlasterBates View Post
                  With May's deal on the rocks, Ford will pull out of the UK completely

Ford told UK PM May it is preparing alternative production sites: The Times | Reuters

No fear, the fruit farms will take up the slack.

I don't think the article actually said all Ford factories in the UK. I strongly suspect that the Diesel Engine plant in Dagenham will goo, but not because of Brexit. The RnD Facility in Dagenham will probably stay unless Ford is thinking of pulling out of all Motorsport. which just leaves the Petrol Engine plant at Bridgend. Ford will have to balance the cost of exporting the engines to the car production plant in Germany and then reimporting 1 in 3 back to the UK against moving the petrol engine production to another facility where the tariffs are more favourable.

Comment

Originally posted by Whorty View Post
                    It's only 13,000 job losses. They'll easily get other jobs. Embrace the opportunities out there.

Make Mercia Great Again
                    FTFY
                    Make Mercia Great Again!

Comment

Working...
                    X