• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

UK too feeble to handle Brexit

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Zigenare View Post

hiway to the danger zone.....

Whorty? Walter more like!

Meh..... a nobody sitting behind a keyboard doesn't understand the risks of anti-poaching and wildlife ranger activities Bovered?

Did you sit in the same shed as Spudbuoy?
    I am what I drink, and I'm a bitter man

Comment

Originally posted by Whorty View Post
      As for me shooting animals, nope, never have. But my shooting experience is the same as yours; neither of us has ever discharged a gun towards another living creature. See, we're not too different after all, you and I Both of us learned how to shoot targets only
      So you and Private Frazer (or is it Godfrey) have never discharged a weapon to kill a living creature?
      I've done it a few times legally in the UK but not as "sport".

As for walking in the African bush, yes, that's good fun, although I carry a couple of Canons for that, never a rifle. I'll always have someone else with me for that. The best tip for bush walks - you don't have to be the fastest runner, just the second slowest.
      …Maybe we ain’t that young anymore

Comment

Originally posted by WTFH View Post
        So you and Private Frazer (or is it Godfrey) have never discharged a weapon to kill a living creature?
        I've done it a few times legally in the UK but not as "sport".

As for walking in the African bush, yes, that's good fun, although I carry a couple of Canons for that, never a rifle. I'll always have someone else with me for that. The best tip for bush walks - you don't have to be the fastest runner, just the second slowest.
        Correct, never discharged a weapon to kill a living creature (or a dead creature ). We had the guns purely as a last resort and self defence.

Best tip for walking in the bush is not to run at all ... let the food (sorry, others, in the group run) .... and you'll be fine. The only creatures that run away in Africa are eaten If an animal charges (buffalo is an exception - get up a tree!) stand your ground. Easier said than done the first few times, especially when the charging animal is a lion, rhino or elephant, but it's much safer than running. Even the slowest African dangerous animal will out run a human

Comment

Best tip for walking in the bush is not to run at all ... let the food (sorry, others, in the group run) .... and you'll be fine. The only creatures that run away in Africa are eaten If an animal charges (buffalo is an exception - get up a tree!) stand your ground. Easier said than done the first few times, especially when the charging animal is a lion, rhino or elephant, but it's much safer than running. Even the slowest African dangerous animal will out run a human
          Standing still tends not to work if it's a musth bull and you're vaguely in the way when he's dribbling on his back legs and shaking his head.
          But spotting the signs should mean you don't end up in that situation.

If you're looking for a bit of light reading, you might want to try this, by a guy I know:
          https://www.amazon.co.uk/Year-Wild-R.../dp/1770103481

Oh, hold on, we've drifted off into a civil discussion, better fix that...

BREXIT

Comment

Originally posted by WTFH View Post
            Standing still tends not to work if it's a musth bull and you're vaguely in the way when he's dribbling on his back legs and shaking his head.
            But spotting the signs should mean you don't end up in that situation.

If you're looking for a bit of light reading, you might want to try this, by a guy I know:
            https://www.amazon.co.uk/Year-Wild-R.../dp/1770103481

Oh, hold on, we've drifted off into a civil discussion, better fix that...

BREXIT
            Thanks, will check that book out. I know Peter Allison well and his books are also worth a read if you like that kind of stuff. He was in Botswana which is just an amazing place.

Yep 100% with you on the bull ele's. You can often smell them before you see them, so you can often avoid contact. Same thing though, no point running as he'll still catch you. Running will trigger an instinct to chase. Best to move away slowly and hope he gets bored, or is more interested in looking for a lady We had to learn all the animal behaviour signs before we could lead on foot; not that this means you'll 100% spot a danger situation, but you should 99% of the time. Wild animals are just that though, they don't always follow the rules you learn

Comment

Thanks, will check that book out. I know Peter Allison well and his books are also worth a read if you like that kind of stuff. He was in Botswana which is just an amazing place.
              Haven't been to Botswana in 8 years, but I'll look out his books.

Comment

Given the Cold War is often referred to as the Long Peace, what you really did was sit in the Front Line.
                Oddly enough, the "Longest Peaces" come about when you ensure that you have the strongest forces arrayed against potential aggressors.
                You are like the sad sort of fooker that pays top dollar for a fully comprehensive insurance policy then whines like a bitch years later because you never got the chance to make a claim against it.

We were the "Shield that guarded the realms of (western) men".

Whereas you were never any more than a short portly balding Saffer wannabe entrusted with the potential slaughter of endangered furry animals that might have become spooked whilst you and your hapless bunch of flabby entitled adventurers stumbled unwelcome through their habitat.

As for me shooting animals, nope, never have.
                Nuff said. Like most things in your life.....never actually happened. Keep it up Walter...I am sure you still have more fantasies to recount. Fook sake, you make sasguru sound plausible!

“The period of the disintegration of the European Union has begun. And the first vessel to have departed is Britain”

Comment

Originally posted by shaunbhoy View Post
                  You are like the sad sort of fooker that pays top dollar for a fully comprehensive insurance policy then whines like a bitch years later because you never got the chance to make a claim against it.
                  what a plonker you are having worked in the insurance sector for years I know exactly how insurance works. If only you knew how the real world worked you'd maybe understand too.

We were the "Shield that guarded the realms of (western) men".
                  And you call others fantasists

Whereas you were never any more than a short portly balding Saffer wannabe entrusted with the potential slaughter of endangered furry animals that might have become spooked whilst you and your hapless bunch of flabby entitled adventurers stumbled unwelcome through their habitat.

Nuff said. Like most things in your life.....never actually happened. Keep it up Walter...I am sure you still have more fantasies to recount. Fook sake, you make sasguru sound plausible!
                  Firstly you call me a wannabe saffer stumbling through the bush, then you say it didn't happen. Come on dude, they can't both be correct. Which one is it?

BTW, to add a bit more info to see whether my story is true or not, I'm FGASA qualified. Or am I? You can decide what you think is true

Comment

I'm FGASA qualified.
                    Fantastically Gormless Awardwinning Storytelling Asshole?

Yup....has your stamp all over it!

“The period of the disintegration of the European Union has begun. And the first vessel to have departed is Britain”

Comment

Fantastically Gormless Awardwinning Storytelling Asshole?

Yup....has your stamp all over it!

Comment

Working...
                      X