• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Theresa May to back down on backstop demands in Brexit deal...

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Theresa May to back down on backstop demands in Brexit deal...

...and tell EU the UK doesn't want to renegotiate

Theresa May to back down on backstop demands in Brexit deal and tell EU the UK doesn't want to renegotiate | City A.M.

Eh? I thought she backed the Brady amendment, a couple of weeks ago, to replace the backstop?

She is running down the clock by pretending she is busy doing something about it

Comment

Originally posted by AtW View Post
      She is running down the clock by pretending she is busy doing something about it
      Yes, and she can probably get away with doing that for another 2 weeks but then she may find time has run out for her. I can't see Parliament allowing this stalemate to carry on into March.

Comment

Originally posted by stonehenge View Post
        Yes, and she can probably get away with doing that for another 2 weeks but then she may find time has run out for her. I can't see Parliament allowing this stalemate to carry on into March.

Can't she just declare a national emergency and push it through without parliament? After all, she is the Prime Minister and she can do what she likes...
        …Maybe we ain’t that young anymore

Comment

Originally posted by WTFH View Post
          Can't she just declare a national emergency and push it through without parliament? After all, she is the Prime Minister and she can do what she likes...
          Now that would be entertaining.

Comment

Originally posted by stonehenge View Post
            ...and tell EU the UK doesn't want to renegotiate

Theresa May to back down on backstop demands in Brexit deal and tell EU the UK doesn't want to renegotiate | City A.M.

Eh? I thought she backed the Brady amendment, a couple of weeks ago, to replace the backstop?
            No, that can't be right. That would mean May doing a you-turn, she would never do that would she?

Maybe she'll finally twigged that whatever she gets off the EU the ERG will never support her and will always, at the last moment, pull the rug from under her.

The ERG is a party within a party. They need to be kicked out of the Tories and go join Farage before there is no Tory party.
            I am what I drink, and I'm a bitter man

Comment

Only because she's backed by the army. And they're all out on their second jobs so they can earn enough to bring their families over.
              Down with racism. Long live miscegenation!

Comment

Moggy already floated the idea -

May should close parliament if necessary to stop bill blocking no deal Brexit, says Rees-Mogg – as it happened | Politics | The Guardian

Comment

Spuddy stands ready for a military takeover of parliament's catering service, to lay them low with food poisoning.

Comment

Originally posted by NotAllThere View Post
                    Only because she's backed by the army. And they're all out on their second jobs so they can earn enough to bring their families over.
                    Her Majesty commands the Army

Comment

Working...
                    X