• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Brexit surcharge

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by meridian View Post
    Have you put a deposit down? Better check the fine print and terms and conditions before making any quick decisions.
    It has too many big words for him.

Comment

Originally posted by Yorkie62 View Post
      I'm not getting het up about it. I have nothing to get het up about. I am quite happy to cancel my order should the need arise.
      Out of interest I checked the Ts & Cs on the last car I bought. It's got a clause in it that says:

Notwithstanding the sum for Car Tax and VAT specified on the order, the sum payable by the Purchaser in respect thereof shall be such sum as the Seller has legally to pay at the time the taxable supply occurs;
      Presumably this is to cover any potential increases in VAT or other taxes.

It also then says:
      If after the date of this order and before delivery of the Goods to the Purchaser the Manufacturer's or Concessionaire's recommended price for the Goods shall be altered, the Seller shall give written notice of such alteration to the Purchaser
      And effectively goes on to say that if the alteration increases the price, then the Purchaser shall have the right to cancel.

If yours is similar, you might be having a bunfight about what "recommended price" means.

Comment

Yorkie, just to help you with your North African Immigrant (or more likely Eastern European one), ask the dealer for the build status.

00 - Without Production Week
        10 - With Production Week
        20 - With Production Order
        30 - In Transit From Factory
        36 - In Port of Exit not Released
        38 - In Port of Exit Released
        39 - Vehicle Shipped
        40 - UK Port (Normally Sheerness for southern UK dealers and Grimsby or Tyne for northern ones)
        60 - In Transit to Dealer
        70 - At Dealer

Production week will be in the form YYYYWW, for example this week is 201908

VAG cars made in Martorell are the following: SEAT Arona, SEAT Ibiza, SEAT Ibiza SC, SEAT Ibiza ST, SEAT León SC, SEAT León 5T, SEAT León ST, Audi Q3. These ship through the Straits of Gibraltar and up to Sheerness, etc.
        VAG group cars made in Kvasiny: ŠKODA Yeti, ŠKODA Karoq, ŠKODA Kodiaq, ŠKODA Superb, ŠKODA Superb Combi, SEAT Ateca. These go by rail to Emden and are shipped from there.
        Source: Portrait & Production Plants | Volkswagen Group
        …Maybe we ain’t that young anymore

Comment

Yorkie does not want to pay Brexit tax, SAD!

Comment

Originally posted by AtW View Post
            Yorkie does not want to pay Brexit tax, SAD!

I suspect he's also on to his SEAT dealer to find out where his car is coming from, and possibly cancelling the order if it's not being made in Spain (a country famous for it's Nobel prize winners :lol: )
            …Maybe we ain’t that young anymore

Comment

A 10% Porsche tax? Excellent. Hits the haves rather than the have-nots. Scrap income tax, put VAT up to compensate; encourages people to work.
              The greatest trick the devil ever pulled was convincing the world that he didn't exist

Comment

Originally posted by LondonManc View Post
                A 10% Porsche tax? Excellent. Hits the haves rather than the have-nots. Scrap income tax, put VAT up to compensate; encourages people to work.
                10% WTO tariff (that Govt gets) will apply to all cars, not just 911s

Scrapping of income tax won’t happen - budget already depends heavily on top earners, a fair few of whom will lose their jobs or just bugger off to a more sensible country
                Last edited by AtW; 18 February 2019, 13:26.

Comment

Originally posted by AtW View Post
                  10% WTO tariff (that Govt gets) will apply to all cars, not just 911s
                  In Brexit Britain, having a car is being a have.

Comment

Originally posted by Old Greg View Post
                    In Brexit Britain, having a car is being a have.
                    Or maybe Govt will cut VAT to 10% on 911s?

Comment

Originally posted by LondonManc View Post
                      How does increasing VAT not hit the have-nots? Go on, have a think about it. You might realise how stupid that comment is.
                      I am what I drink, and I'm a bitter man

Comment

Working...
                      X