• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

FlyBMI in administration

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X
Collapse
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

FlyBMI in administration

Brexit plays an important role
    Airline Flybmi ceases operations - BBC News

Originally posted by Eirikur View Post
    The planes are being converted for jam exports.

Comment

Let them fly private jets

Comment

You’ve got it all wrong, it’s incompetent management / diesel / they’ve been running losses for years, etc.

In other unrelated news, record numbers of mismanaged businesses are going to the wall or moving HQs to the EU in the past two years. Absolutely nothing to do with Brexit though.

Comment

Originally posted by Eirikur View Post
          Snowflakes... they don't deserve to have a company if they can't deal with this change Less planes means less foreigners coming into the country, how can that not make brexiters happy
          I am what I drink, and I'm a bitter man

Comment

Flybmi was previously part of iconic UK airline brand British Midland International (BMI). In November 2009 Lufthansa became the sole shareholder of British Midland Airlines Ltd via a British holding company. The German flag carrier airline carried out extensive restructuring in an attempt to bring Flybmi to profitability—but this was never achieved.
            Yeah, bound to have been due to the Brexit vote years later.

Overcapacity in the European aviation sector has resulted in the demise of airline operators such as Monarch Airlines, who were present in both the low-cost airline market and the leisure airline market — while failing to be a market leader in either. The airline faced fierce competition from both sides and collapsed amid its flawed strategy.

Winter is also a difficult time for European airlines, given the lower demand but continuing high costs.

A sharp increase in Air Traffic Control strikes across Europe also wreaked havoc on airlines in 2018, and it was categorically one of the worst years in history for Air Traffic Control strikes across the continent, but predominantly in France.

Those damned Brexiteer Froggies!!

The airline has faced several difficulties, including recent spikes in fuel and carbon costs, the latter arising from the EU's recent decision to exclude UK airlines from full participation in the Emissions Trading Scheme.

"These issues have undermined efforts to move the airline into profit."
            Oh dear....is that a bit of a smoking gun?

But when you boil it all down, all of these factors are of minor import when the real root cause is down to "Brexit". The good old go-to default position for everything in modern day Britain.
            “The period of the disintegration of the European Union has begun. And the first vessel to have departed is Britain”

Comment

Originally posted by shaunbhoy View Post
              Yeah, bound to have been due to the Brexit vote years later.

Those damned Brexiteer Froggies!!

Oh dear....is that a bit of a smoking gun?

But when you boil it all down, all of these factors are of minor import when the real root cause is down to "Brexit". The good old go-to default position for everything in modern day Britain.
              We need a <head in the sand> emoji

Comment

Originally posted by Whorty View Post
                Yeah... sand would probably be better.
                Down with racism. Long live miscegenation!

Comment

Originally posted by Whorty View Post
                  Or better still just a "Whorty" emoji.

HTH

“The period of the disintegration of the European Union has begun. And the first vessel to have departed is Britain”

Comment

Originally posted by shaunbhoy View Post
                    Or better still just a "Whorty" emoji.

HTH

Or a <run away> emoji to represent someone leaving their comrades when trouble is on the horizon. You know, for those people who sat safe in a shed behind a wall for years, but when they were actually needed to stand up and be counted they <run away>

Maybe we could dress the <run away> man in khaki

Comment

Working...
                    X