• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Brexit positive news thread

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

UK's richest man and Brexit supporter is leaving the country and people aren't impressed | indy100

Good for him

Comment

“In an interview with the Sunday Times to celebrate his success as “Britain’s most successful businessman”, Ratcliffe said: “What’s the reason to invest in the UK? Our skills are not great. We’ve got to deal with unions. We’re isolated from Europe. We’ve got logistical costs. Low tax rates help, but cheap energy could really help create those manufacturing jobs we need.”

Comment

Originally posted by AtW View Post
        “In an interview with the Sunday Times to celebrate his success as “Britain’s most successful businessman”, Ratcliffe said: “What’s the reason to invest in the UK? Our skills are not great. We’ve got to deal with unions. We’re isolated from Europe. We’ve got logistical costs. Low tax rates help, but cheap energy could really help create those manufacturing jobs we need.”
        If we can ditch the EU and ditch the pointless Carbon taxes and meaningless "Global Warming" tariffs, and have cheap energy, we will be laughing.

Comment

Still nothing concrete. Come on Brexiters, isn't there anything that is demonstrably good for the economy?
          Down with racism. Long live miscegenation!

Comment

Originally posted by NotAllThere View Post
            Still nothing concrete. Come on Brexiters, isn't there anything that is demonstrably good for the economy?
            Yorkie may need to pay an extra 10% for his car.

Yorkie believes that rising GDP is a valid measure of “the economy”

The first component of GDP is private consumption.

Therefore, Yorkie paying an extra 10% for his car is good for the economy.

Comment

Originally posted by meridian View Post
              Yorkie may need to pay an extra 10% for his car.

Yorkie believes that rising GDP is a valid measure of “the economy”

The first component of GDP is private consumption.

Therefore, Yorkie paying an extra 10% for his car is good for the economy.

Q. Who gets the extra 10%? Assuming of course that I even have to pay an extra 10% for a car that is faster than a Porsche Macan

Comment

Originally posted by Yorkie62 View Post
                Q. Who gets the extra 10%? Assuming of course that I even have to pay an extra 10% for a car that is faster than a Porsche Macan
                Under a No Deal situation, ultimately the UK Government. It's effectively a UK import tax, set out in the UK WTO schedules - the importer pays the tariff, and the consumer (you) pays the importer. So not only have you helped to increase GDP, but you're also contributing more to help us pay for ferries and lorry parks.

Comment

Originally posted by meridian View Post
                  Under a No Deal situation, ultimately the UK Government. It's effectively a UK import tax, set out in the UK WTO schedules - the importer pays the tariff, and the consumer (you) pays the importer. So not only have you helped to increase GDP, but you're also contributing more to help us pay for ferries and lorry parks.
                  Good so you agree that the extra import tariff, assuming I actually have to pay it as my contract is with a UK company and not SEAT, is a boost to the UK economy because the government will have the extra cash the import duties generate.

Comment

Good so you agree that the extra import tariff, assuming I actually have to pay it as my contract is with a UK company and not SEAT, is a boost to the UK economy because the government will have the extra cash the import duties generate.
                    On your only measure of GDP, yes.

Swings and roundabouts though - you no longer have that 10% to spend in the High Street, and the government now has it to spend on bungs to the DUP.

Comment

Typical brexidiot logic.

There’s so many things wrong about this.
                      I’ll highlight the simplest..... Money the government has DOES NOT BOOST THE ECONOMY. Quite the opposite.
                      See You Next Tuesday

Comment

Working...
                      X