Honda to close UK factory Honda to close UK factory - Page 3
Page 3 of 12 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast
Posts 21 to 30 of 119
  1. #21

    More fingers than teeth

    BlasterBates's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Location
    1922 Commitee
    Posts
    13,926

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Old Greg View Post
    Can't put a price on sovereignty.
    That's more or less the gist of the comments at the Daily Express.

    Lots of "eyes bulging" there.

    I'm alright Jack

  2. #22

    Super poster

    Eirikur's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2013
    Location
    Bremain land
    Posts
    3,302

    Default

    Swindon Wyvern theatre anticipated this

    https://swindontheatres.co.uk/online...4-8F27DE2A8094

  3. #23

    I live on CUK

    Old Greg's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2007
    Location
    The Tombliboo Bush
    Posts
    21,607

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Mordac View Post
    You'd put the WI out of work would you? Bastard...
    They are rebranding as Export Powerhouse.
    Quote Originally Posted by Bean
    I admit that I'm a lazy lying cretin, but so what?
    25 June 2018

  4. #24

    Super poster

    woohoo's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Location
    In the country
    Posts
    4,222

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by WTFH View Post
    Which ones?
    Made where?
    Depends outside of EU, they will be dirt cheap, no longer will have to lump on a load of taxes to help these inefficient wastes of money.

    If we don't put tariffs on EU cars then hey presto and now they have to sell to this emerald isle whilst competing with outside countries.

    I'm happy I'm not subsiding Japanese car factories anymore.

  5. #25

    Super poster

    Eirikur's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2013
    Location
    Bremain land
    Posts
    3,302

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by woohoo View Post
    Depends outside of EU, they will be dirt cheap, no longer will have to lump on a load of taxes to help these inefficient wastes of money.

    If we don't put tariffs on EU cars then hey presto and now they have to sell to this emerald isle whilst competing with outside countries.

    I'm happy I'm not subsiding Japanese car factories anymore.
    Tried to read this three times, but have no clue what point he is trying to make

  6. #26

    Some things in Moderation

    cojak's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Location
    Look to your right...
    Posts
    19,219

    Default

    Let’s face it.

    We’re fecked

  7. #27

    I live on CUK

    Old Greg's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2007
    Location
    The Tombliboo Bush
    Posts
    21,607

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by cojak View Post
    Let’s face it.

    We’re fecked
    Fexit.
    Quote Originally Posted by Bean
    I admit that I'm a lazy lying cretin, but so what?
    25 June 2018

  8. #28

    Super poster

    woohoo's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Location
    In the country
    Posts
    4,222

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Eirikur View Post
    Tried to read this three times, but have no clue what point he is trying to make
    I understand if something is not wrapped in an emotive, depressive statement you will struggle. So here goes...

    Car people sad, no more protection from EU and no more subsidies. Cars get cheaper, people happy. Some people working for car company sad. Others not so, as drive cheaper cars.

  9. #29

    Super poster

    woohoo's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Location
    In the country
    Posts
    4,222

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by cojak View Post
    Let’s face it.

    We’re fecked
    How are we fecked? What percentage of our GDP is from car manufacturing? Minus subsidies and tariffs.

  10. #30

    Some things in Moderation

    cojak's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Location
    Look to your right...
    Posts
    19,219

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by woohoo View Post
    How are we fecked? What percentage of our GDP is from car manufacturing? Minus subsidies and tariffs.
    3,500 (and the rest) jobs kind of fecked.

Tags for this Thread

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •