• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Honda to close UK factory

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Old Greg View Post
    Can't put a price on sovereignty.
    That's more or less the gist of the comments at the Daily Express.

Lots of "eyes bulging" there.

I'm alright Jack

Comment

Swindon Wyvern theatre anticipated this

https://swindontheatres.co.uk/online...4-8F27DE2A8094

Comment

Originally posted by Mordac View Post
        You'd put the WI out of work would you? Bastard...
        They are rebranding as Export Powerhouse.

Comment

Originally posted by WTFH View Post
          Which ones?
          Made where?
          Depends outside of EU, they will be dirt cheap, no longer will have to lump on a load of taxes to help these inefficient wastes of money.

If we don't put tariffs on EU cars then hey presto and now they have to sell to this emerald isle whilst competing with outside countries.

I'm happy I'm not subsiding Japanese car factories anymore.

Comment

Originally posted by woohoo View Post
            Depends outside of EU, they will be dirt cheap, no longer will have to lump on a load of taxes to help these inefficient wastes of money.

If we don't put tariffs on EU cars then hey presto and now they have to sell to this emerald isle whilst competing with outside countries.

I'm happy I'm not subsiding Japanese car factories anymore.
            Tried to read this three times, but have no clue what point he is trying to make

Comment

Let’s face it.

We’re fecked
              "I can put any old tat in my sig, put quotes around it and attribute to someone of whom I've heard, to make it sound true."
              - Voltaire/Benjamin Franklin/Anne Frank...

Comment

Originally posted by cojak View Post
                Let’s face it.

We’re fecked
                Fexit.

Comment

Originally posted by Eirikur View Post
                  Tried to read this three times, but have no clue what point he is trying to make
                  I understand if something is not wrapped in an emotive, depressive statement you will struggle. So here goes...

Car people sad, no more protection from EU and no more subsidies. Cars get cheaper, people happy. Some people working for car company sad. Others not so, as drive cheaper cars.

Comment

Originally posted by cojak View Post
                    Let’s face it.

We’re fecked
                    How are we fecked? What percentage of our GDP is from car manufacturing? Minus subsidies and tariffs.

Comment

Originally posted by woohoo View Post
                      How are we fecked? What percentage of our GDP is from car manufacturing? Minus subsidies and tariffs.
                      3,500 (and the rest) jobs kind of fecked.
                      "I can put any old tat in my sig, put quotes around it and attribute to someone of whom I've heard, to make it sound true."
                      - Voltaire/Benjamin Franklin/Anne Frank...

Comment

Working...
                      X