• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Honda to close UK factory

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by woohoo View Post
    Nonsense and typical of the depressive attitude on here.

Oh and Honda have said they closed the plant because of global restructuring. Times change and people adapt.

And yep I lost my permy job due to redundancy, everyone without exception that I know is doing well.
    woohoo for PM!

Ironically it might have been the EU-Japan trade deal that caused this. Japan can now import cars tariff free so no longer need an EU base. Its not as if Honda are moving production to the EU is it.

Comment

Originally posted by Eirikur View Post
      It does indeed and to stay in the UK is not survivable because of brexit and no trade deal with Japan
      Honda are not leaving until 2022. That is some time after Brexit. So to blame this one on Brexit is really stretching the point a little. A lot could and probably will happen globally between now and 2022 which could reverse the decision.

Comment

Originally posted by Yorkie62 View Post
        Honda are not leaving until 2022. That is some time after Brexit. So to blame this one on Brexit is really stretching the point a little. A lot could and probably will happen globally between now and 2022 which could reverse the decision.
        Brexiteers trying to understand business, production processes and economy.
        What do you think would happen if they close it today?

Comment

Brexiteers trying to understand business, production processes and economy.
          What do you think would happen if they close it today?
          With comments like that you make stupid look intelligent

Sent from my SM-G955F using Contractor UK Forum mobile app

Comment

With comments like that you make stupid look intelligent

Why don't you answer my question?

Comment

Why don't you answer my question?
              For the same reason you make stupid look intelligent.

They are not going to close it today, or tomorrow, or next week, or next month, or next year. 2021 is when it will close.

Oh and Honda have publicly stated that the closure has nothing to do with Brexit.

Last edited by Yorkie62; 19 February 2019, 11:23.

Comment

They are not going to close it today, or tomorrow, or next week, or next month, or next year. 2021 is when it will close.

Oh and Honda have publicly stated that the closure has nothing to do with Brexit.

So you don't have a clue about economy and business, but actually we already knew that

Comment

Of course they publicly said it got nothing to do with Brexit - why would they want to complicate their business further with local Govt, no matter how moronic it is?

Comment

Originally posted by AtW View Post
                    Of course they publicly said it got nothing to do with Brexit - why would they want to complicate their business further with local Govt, no matter how moronic it is?

It's nothing to do with Brexit. It's to do with access to markets with no tariffs, about an efficient international supply chain, and to try to get the transition done in a reasonable timeframe. 2021 is only just 22 months away. Maybe they'll extend to 2022?
                    But it's nothing to do with Brexit.
                    …Maybe we ain’t that young anymore

Comment

Originally posted by WTFH View Post
                      It's nothing to do with Brexit. It's to do with access to markets with no tariffs, about an efficient international supply chain, and to try to get the transition done in a reasonable timeframe. 2021 is only just 22 months away. Maybe they'll extend to 2022?
                      But it's nothing to do with Brexit.
                      Have you actually listened to the statement made today by Honda. They explain why they are making this decision.

Comment

Working...
                      X