• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Brexit uncertainty

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Old Greg View Post
    The current Dr Who is female. I trust that clears up any confusion on your part.
    Yes exactly, but he/she/it was what we would describe as male beforehand. Therefore I guess Dr Who is transgender identifying and neither a male or a female.

Sent from my SM-G955F using Contractor UK Forum mobile app

Comment

Comment

Originally posted by Yorkie62 View Post
        Yes exactly, but he/she/it was what we would describe as male beforehand. Therefore I guess Dr Who is transgender identifying and neither a male or a female.

Sent from my SM-G955F using Contractor UK Forum mobile app
        Erm, no. Doctor Who becoming a woman was to appease the masses.

Just like an 8 stone "Special Forces" female beating the tulip out of an 18 stone male.

Not going to happen unless he wants it to.
        Old Greg - In search of acceptance since Mar 2007. Hoping each leap will be his last.

Comment

Originally posted by AtW View Post
          How do I know? Well, for starters having more than 62 brain cells enables one to calculate what is going to happen when one jumps off the cliff, even if the exact drop time is unknown
          Didn't help you when your cunning plan was to run off headlong into the Colombian Jungle with no food/water/compass etc. rather than waiting to be released safely after your ransom was paid.

Just saying.....

“The period of the disintegration of the European Union has begun. And the first vessel to have departed is Britain”

Comment

Originally posted by shaunbhoy View Post
            Didn't help you when your cunning plan was to run off headlong into the Colombian Jungle with no food/water/compass etc. rather than waiting to be released safely after your ransom was paid.

Just saying.....

To be honest, that would be my strategy too. But I'm not a squaddy.
            Old Greg - In search of acceptance since Mar 2007. Hoping each leap will be his last.

Comment

Wot, they did not teach you survival in the jungle course whilst you've done your 20 years in India?

I guess you were no SAS material.

Comment

Wot, they did not teach you survival in the jungle course whilst you've done your 20 years in India?

I guess you were no SAS material.
                There may have come a time for attempting jungle survival, but that would only have come about once all other options had been properly evaluated.

Your hysterical knee-jerk plunge into uncertainty on day one was not something that would have come naturally to anyone with a calm analytical mindset. Not when other better options were still very much on the table.

However, if your instincts were to simply flee at the first hint of trouble ( like when your call-up papers plopped on the doormat?), then you might have adopted that rather hasty approach. As indeed you continually advocated.

“The period of the disintegration of the European Union has begun. And the first vessel to have departed is Britain”

Comment

There may have come a time for attempting jungle survival, but that would only have come about once all other options had been properly evaluated.

Your hysterical knee-jerk plunge into uncertainty on day one was not something that would have come naturally to anyone with a calm analytical mindset. Not when other better options were still very much on the table.

However, if your instincts were to simply flee at the first hint of trouble ( like when your call-up papers plopped on the doormat?), then you might have adopted that rather hasty approach. As indeed you continually advocated.

**** me, it's groundhog day!

SB, Alexei has far more experience than you of running away from the military, let it lie mate. Most of your lot other than certain "gifted" Para's didn't do the escape and evasion course. Just saying.. like...

Comment

Originally posted by Zigenare View Post

SB, Alexei has far more experience than you of running away from the military, let it lie mate.
                    Good point well made.

Originally posted by Zigenare View Post
                    Most of your lot other than certain "gifted" Para's didn't do the escape and evasion course. Just saying.. like...
                    In my experience there is no such thing as a "gifted" Para.

And if you imagine I did 13 years in the Royal Corps without becoming very adept at escaping and evading things then you are making a huge miscalculation.

Comment

I guess you were It ain't half hot mum material.
                      FTFY

Comment

Working...
                      X